Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Jul 19, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Feeling detached from my relationship.
    Hey everyone, I've been dating a girl for about 6 months now. In the past, I'd be really anxious, not be able to live in the present, and as a result, I would push the girl away from me. I fear now that I might have reached the opposite side, where I don't even consider the future or really think about things about the relationship all that much.

My band just got back from playing the warped tour, and it was staggering how many amazing people I met, on staff or in other bands. Although I didn't think of any if these women as anything more than friends, I still was left realizing that I never knew girls like that existed. Fun, free, confident, and can really make you laugh.

The weird thing is, my current girl is great, but I sometimes wonder if we just have too little in common. I'm a musician, I love going outside and riding motorcycles. She's studying fashion, and spends all her money on clothes, and has to spend hours getting ready even if we're just popping out for one drink.

I'm torn between thinking "there are girls out there that are way more compatible for me", but also "she's a sweet girl who hasn't done anything wrong".

I'm just really confused on what to do, because when I was gone, I was never really excited to text her back or call her, and that makes me feel like a terrible person.

Thanks for reading. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
    'A sweet girl who hasn't done anything wrong' is not the kind of description I would hope to hear, so it really does sound like you need to drop her for HER sake. You aren't doing her any favors by hanging on out of guilt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed Feeling on my relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Helloooo! Hre is my dilemma: I am only 19 and I currently work full time and study part time, I have massive dreams, no desire to have children and I don't like staying in the same town for more than 2 years (usually) I have been with my partner for a little over 2 years, we got together...

Feeling controlled in a new relationship [ 4 Answers ]

I was married for 25 years, had an affair because my marriage was miserable. We got caught and my wife and I divorced. I remained friends with the woman I had an affair with and she got a divorce later. In the mean time I met another woman and was in a relationship with her and she didn't want me...

I need some help with feeling better about my relationship... [ 5 Answers ]

Me and this girl have been dating for 3 months now. We are both in 10th grade and met at a summer camp. We live an hour away from each other so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. It varies from every week to 3 weeks. There are a couple things that make me uneasy about the...

I'm feeling bored with my relationship. [ 10 Answers ]

Here's the issue. I really care about Nicholas. I can honestly see myself with him in the future. Right now though, I'm just so bored with the way things are. We're both in school and he's three hours away most of the time. We sort of talk on the phone but usually he just wants to go play...

Feeling Obligated To Stay in a Relationship. [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé cuts himself every-time we get in a huge argument. This recently starting happening when a fight led to me wanting to move out for a little while. He has several slashes on his upper arm, claiming he can't live with out me which is a catalyst for hurting himself. His family is from...

View more questions Search