Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Mar 3, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Social Anxiety.
    Hi,
    I'm 23. Also a university student and I have a good job. For the past 2 years, I discovered something about myself that I wish I hadn't uncovered. One day, I pretty much fell into a deep hole of loniless. I did not want to speak with anyone I knew and I wasn't living with my family. The reason I did it was because I thought I was meant to be alone. I felt like I wasn't good enough or pretty enough to be around anyone. I used to feel this way since I was 9 or 10. But it wasn't full blown until I was out of my comfort zone. As the years progressed, I started cutting myself and I still do it. Two years ago, I started turning RED around the people I knew - this constant blushing made me VERY sad. I already did not feel pretty enough, this just made it worst! I don't use makeup for this because I cannot bring myself to talk to a cosmetican or to look through cosmetics - yes, I am nervous.

Now, I am seeing a therapist (for about 2 months) - I am doing my best to overcome my fears and my past by talking about them and being strong by crying and letting out my feelings. But now, I am just VERY UPSET - because I have started to lose my hair! FCUK! I mean, what kind of TORTURE is this! Maybe, I'm meant to be punished. I was never a bad person and I am still not. I am nice to people who approach me and I try my best to help whoever needs it. I am really trying my best to work hard at school - but my thoughts are making my lose focus! I just NEED MOTIVATION. I need to finish or there won't be a purpose for me in this life, which I would be willing to leave behind.
    Heart_Man Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenoh
    Hi,
    I'm 23. Also a university student and I have a good job. For the past 2 years, I discovered something about myself that I wish I hadn't uncovered. One day, I pretty much fell into a deep hole of loniless. I did not want to speak with anyone I knew and I wasn't living with my family. The reason I did it was because I thought I was meant to be alone. I felt like I wasn't good enough or pretty enough to be around anyone. I used to feel this way since I was 9 or 10. But it wasn't full blown until I was out of my comfort zone. As the years progressed, I started cutting myself and I still do it. Two years ago, I started turning RED around the people I knew - this constant blushing made me VERY sad. I already did not feel pretty enough, this just made it worst!! I don't use makeup for this because I cannot bring myself to talk to a cosmetican or to look through cosmetics - yes, I am nervous.

Now, I am seeing a therapist (for about 2 months) - I am doing my best to overcome my fears and my past by talking about them and being strong by crying and letting out my feelings. But now, I am just VERY UPSET - because I have started to lose my hair! FCUK!! I mean, what kind of TORTURE is this! Maybe, I'm meant to be punished. I was never a bad person and I am still not. I am nice to people who approach me and I try my best to help whoever needs it. I am really trying my best to work hard at school - but my thoughts are making my lose focus! I just NEED MOTIVATION. I need to finish or there won't be a purpose for me in this life, which I would be willing to leave behind.
    For over 30 years I experienced several life threatening chronic illnesses. Through the Grace of God I was lead to several people and organizations that aided me in understanding, positively dealing with and transforming these illnesses. For the past few years I have devoted my life to sharing what I have learned with others. The two most impactful organizations I was lead to are The Institute of HeartMath - Welcome to EmotionalMastery.com and Landmark Education - Landmark Education Home: The Landmark Forum, Seminars, Courses & More.

The American Institute of Stress and The Centers for Disease Control have both reported that up to 90% of all illnesses are due to stress. I was lead to The Institute of HeartMath in 1997 and discovered that all of my illnesses were due to stress and anxiety I had been experiencing in my life. Through learning and practicing HeartMath's tools and technologies, I am able to prevent, manage and reverse the effects of stress and anxiety, in-the-moment, achieve better health, more energy, improved mental and emotional clarity, and improved performance and relationships. HeartMath's tools and technologies are scientifically substantiated; they literally saved my life.

Landmark Education provided me with the knowledge and tools to identify and put in my past, barriers that were stopping me from living a powerful life and a life I love. Through this Education, I have reached an unshakeable Faith.
    funkyy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 11:08 PM
    I have social anxiety too. I feel very lonely when I'm at home. I hate thinking about people having their friends and life while me I'm alone every time. I cried. I have no idea what to do. Seriously.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 01:59 PM

Keep talking with your therapist. You could also try keeping a journal of your thoughts. You should know that you are not meant to be alone... Instead, as a human being, you are meant to be relational... For most people, the most important thing in life is relationships. Start cultivating some friendships among classmates, or co-workers. You have a purpose in life, and there is a plan for how it will all turn out.
    Self esteem is a matter of disciplining your mind. It may sound weird, but try speaking the truth out loud to yourself. Whenever a thought comes up that says " you are worthless" or "you are not pretty," counter it with truth- "I am not worthless, this is a lie. I will leave an impression on the world, and on the people that are around me. I am valuble, and I'm valued." Recognize these thoughts as lies, and counter them with truth.

Which of you two, by sitting at home, alone and crying, will add one minute to your life? If you want friends, you need to go out and find some... If there aren't any friends in your house- go to where you can find some. If you aren't where other people are- go to where the people are. Relationships take time and work- and you have to put forth some effort to find them. People are interesting- each one has their own life story. Go out and learn about people. Fretting and stewing, is only harming, not helping.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Hi, funkyy!

Perhaps you might want to think about starting your own thread about the way that you're feeling? This thread is now old and archived and not generally visible unless people happen to go to the forum topic area where it is.

If you start a new thread, you'll get the best variety of answers.

Thanks!
    sassygrl 67 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 07:37 PM

I have social anxiety too I also get so worried about if other people will ike me . But maybe try a group thearpy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughers social anxiety and depression [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. My daughter, age 24, is definitely depressed, overwhelmed (has 2 small children and single mom with very low income) She is so socially phobic that she can not seem to get out of her "rut". Has the same job since she was 16, part time, low wages etc. because she is "comfortable" there as...

Separation anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

Last year we rescued an abandoned golden retriever. He is a terrible listener and so needy that drives you crazy. We give him lots of attention but now he became so attached to us that every time we let him out to go to the bathroom he thinks he is going to die because he is alone outside. We...

Anxiety (G.A.D), who is familiar with this. [ 4 Answers ]

25/f. So I've had 'anxiety' for about over 7 Years now. I've been off and on different medications. But over the past 3-4yrs I'm only on Klonopine and I'm just 'winging' myself off it. I'd rather not be on any medications. The severity of my anxiety is what bothers me. Because of the anxiety and/or...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search