Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EllieCecilia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
    Lots of dance questions!
    I'm (re)starting dance. I used to dance. I started ballet at age 6, then I started a local contemporary dance group and stuck to it from age 10-12, but realized it wasn't serious enough. I've been home training myself, and I can do an almost successful grande
    Jete (I'm not so sure how to spell that). By almost, I mean that I have the form down, not so much the flexibility, though I am working on it. I've been working on my splits and I'm two inches from the ground in straddle splits, and (I'm ashamed to say) 6 inches from the ground in my front to back splits. Im also teaching myself aerial cartwheels, because I used to do gymnastics and quit right before I was taught them. I'm 14 now, and I'm joining dance. I have a few things to
    Ask

A) how do you do multiple pirouettes
    B)how do you increase flexibility for splits
    C) I have a bad habit of putting my hands down in my aerials, how can I stop doing that?
    D) is 14 too old to restart??

I know this is a lot but please answer!! It means a lot! Thanks! :)
    mynameiskathy Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
    14 is not too old! You are never too old to do something.
    But multiple pirouettes (did I spell that right?) uh, I'm not sure this is the right answer, but just keep doing to pirouette, land, then start a new one.
    To increase your flexibility, practice every day and slowly, but surely you'll get better. You can just push yourself to do the splits, the only thing sopping you is yourself.
    mynameiskathy Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 02:55 PM
    I'm sorry, but I can't answer your other question. But I hope these questions helped.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 03:14 PM
    A B C, practice , practice and practice, but practice it the correct way, thinking of every detail of every move. Have the right teacher and coach to control and teach you proper methods

14 is not too old to restart, but you need to start now, to relearn and stop bad habits
    EllieCecilia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
    I'm only 2 inches from the ground in my front and back (still don't know the technical name) splits! I can do two-three pirouettes now, three fouetté turns, and I'm starting dance in two weeks! Thank you for all of the answers, I needed all of the help I could get <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s dance song lots of instrumental with little lyrics [ 0 Answers ]

Lots of dance music with the phrase "burning burning...then something like "my love for you... burning burning" could be yearning

Getting fit, lots of questions. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there! I'm trying to get fit and keep in shape. I've never dieted for too long. About a month and a half ago I lost 10 pounds in about a week and a half but then when I started working I was too sore to do anything. Now that I've gotten use to my work (heavy lifting) I can start to work...

Hi everyone, new to site, lots of questions! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm a student with a lot of questions about a project I'm working on. I'm taking a HVAC /piping class and I'm having a lot of trouble managing to get things done properly for my piping assignment. I have to build a house with standard piping (hot and cold) to the main fixtures in the...

Lots of questions [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you

View more questions Search