Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimkbaker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Buying a home with bad credit
    My husband and I have made bad choices like, having one parent stay home with the kids, etc. We really want to buy a house and at this point any house will just about do. Our credit is really bad and we have no money to put down. We both have been out of work at one time or another for surgeries but are back working now. We have late payments to our creditors and actually owe approx. 25,000 dollars in debit. Which includes a mobile home we are still paying for, car and small hospital bills. Any suggestions on how to buy a home with really bad credit and no money to put down.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2007, 09:46 PM
    You want a house but you are not ready for a house.

First one parent staying home is not a bad choice, spending money you don't have is a bad choice.

It apperas you own a mobile home that you are paying on, It sounds like you need to live as cheap as you can and not borrow anymore money ata ll.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 2, 2007, 08:23 PM
    If you have no money, debt, no savings, not on a budget, and no plan, you can't afford a house. And you don't need one. Get debt free first... save... get on a budget... get all debt paid for... then you can consider a house... with a good down payment. Fixed rate no more than 15 years, and a payment no larger than 25% of your take home pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a new home have BAD credit [ 12 Answers ]

:( Hello I am the mother of 5 wonderful children. We are renting now, it is an old farm house, in the winter our heating bill is around 700 a month (just for the fuel) that's not including the elec. It is drafty and hot in the summer. We are in desperate need of a new home. The problem is we have...

Home buying and assumeable loans [ 1 Answers ]

HI my name is TLawren And I'm trying to buy my first home a duplex preferably. I has an offer on a side by side duplex and the financing fell through because my mortgage broker mis-understood my earnings. She thought I worked full time when in reality I work Part-time due to a medical condition....

Buying an out of state home [ 1 Answers ]

I will be relocating to NC from VA for my job. I am planning to purchase my first home there. My daughter will need to be there before my relocation. Will it be possible for me to purchase this home while I am still living in VA? I also have a ch. 7 bankruptcy that will be a year old at the...

Buying a home in Washington from Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello :) I would like to find out what the costs are when buying a home and Rent it out. I am from Canada and wanted to know what tax implications there may be if I were to buy real estate in Washington or any state in the U.S. Thank you..

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search