Lawyer itemized cost
    If I ask my lawyer for a n itemized list of cost is he required to do so
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWHEEL View Post
    If i ask my lawyer for a n itemized list of cost is he required to do so
    Hello T:

It's customary, but he's not required... If he won't, I'd send his reply along with my complaint to your state bar association.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello T:

It's customary, but he's not required... If he won't, I'd send his reply along with my complaint to your state bar association.

excon
    In NY it's covered in the retainer agreement.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 05:05 AM
    In many cases it depends on how you are retaining them, Are you paying by the hour, or for a service.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    In many cases it depends on how you are retaining them, Are you paying by the hour, or for a service.

That's where I was going -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a court appt lawyer or diversion lawyer for a duii [ 2 Answers ]

Do I get a court appointed attorney or a diversion lawyer for my dui

Do I need to invest money for a good lawyer for my case or average lawyer it is OK? [ 2 Answers ]

I got married 7 months ago and after a few days the immigration police caught me on Over Stay. I went to prison for a few days. After that, my lawyer send my form I-130 after two or three months after they caught me. A few days ago I had my first court and the judge gave me an extension for another...

Company lawyer or personal lawyer for PERM, I140 & I485 [ 3 Answers ]

Company makes it mandatory to go through their contracted attorneys office for PERM application then I have the choice whether to continue with that attorney for I140 & I485 or choose an independent attorney. Either way I'm paying the fees for both the applications. Any pros or cons on this issue...

Can Auto Loan to be itemized? What kind of job related expenses can be itemized [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if I can Itemize the Auto loan payments I made last yr? I read some where that I can't Itemize the Auto loan Interest, if this is the case can I itemize the Principle alone? Can we itemize the auto insurance? Secondly I am on H1 and consulting, I moved from NJ to MA...

How much should it cost to file for a divorce with a lawyer [ 16 Answers ]

How much should it really cost to file for divorce with a lawyer. My lawyer ate up my entire retainer plus an additional bill for $400, just to file for the case... it's only 4 pieces of paper... she then failed to know of a hearing (because she moved and did not get the notice) so my case was...

View more questions Search