Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicarica1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Hair Color? Dark to Light
    Hi I am an outgoing female and I am sick of my dyed black hair I want to dye it another dark color w/ VERY light chunks thruogh it. Does anyone know how to do the light hair part w/o completely destroying my hair or w/o changing it green ar any other obnoxious color
    superboff Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I had a friend who tried to put blonde highlights in black hair and it went ginger! Go careful, make sure you are sure its want a make sure a professional does it for you!
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 01:13 AM
    You either have to strip the color out or bleach it theeeen dye it the desired color. I would have it done by a professional. It will cost a lot so if you don't have the funds try going to the nearest beauty school. The people on the floor have to have at least 3 months experience and they have a teacher watching their every move. Plus they will make sure to do it right because they get graded on it. Hope this helps!
    Versace26 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Mar 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Hi!

I recently did the same thing and went dark with lighter chunks of color and they can put a bleach with low volume as to not damage your hair so much. So maybe you can ask for that. Lightening dark hair is the hardest thing to do. The lady that did mine went on a really long brake and forgot about me and needless to say my hair was lighter than I imagined!

Tip: The best conditioner out there, Makistense!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Removing Dark Hair Color [ 33 Answers ]

I have colored my hair at home for the last year. It has gotten almost black and I want a more medium brown. My 3 inch roots are the way I want my color but I'm getting anxious about the rest of it. I have read about all kinds of home remedies... prell, dawn dish det. etc. they just don't seem to...

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Way too dark hair color! [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 2 weeks ago. Is there anything I can do that won't kill my hair but that can get it lighter? My hair is normally medium-dark brown.

View more questions Search