Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panabella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter?
    I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my hair somewhere around black. Will the haircolor remover remove the color or make my hair lighter, because it it gets any lighter, the black rinse would not help. What should I do?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Hair color removers can leave your hair in a raw or brassy state. Removing hair color is tricky, I do not recommend doing it yourself. If you don't want to use a permanent color, I recommend using a semi-permanent color. Sem-permanent color will coat and darken the hair with a non-peroxide hair color that washes out after 4-6 weeks. It's also gentle on your hair, and it won't cause any damage.
    javis11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
    I colored my husbands dark blonde hair with grey in it. Choose a dark blonde permanent kit color from Target. But it turned red!

How do we return it to a medium blonde?
    hislejmh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
    In this situation a color remover would work well. Without knowing what type of red it is ( orange? ) you may be able to put a light ash brown over top. This is scarey because over the counter hair color kits have progressive dye molecules, which means every time they are oxidized with a developer, they continue to process with varying results. A color remover would be great and then head to a salon! Be careful it is not a bleach but a remover. He may end up very blonde! Hopefully he is like most men and has shorter hair so he won't be living with this for very long. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair color remover [ 10 Answers ]

I have read some of the respones re Loreal Color Zap for removal of hair color. Will this product remove the product "Shades?" I am approx 75% gray and would like to simply go all gray. My 1/2" roots are natural gray and I have about 1 1/2" of "Shades" with the ends (about 1") being permanent...

How to remove BAD RED( purplish) hair color? [ 2 Answers ]

What a nightmare!! I let someone that is very close to me do my hair and it turned out PURPLE!! IT LOOKS PUNK! It is a mess... I don't want to hurt her feelings and I don't have the money to go to a salon to get it corrected- is there away to get this crao out of my hair ASAP?? :confused:

Applying color after color corrector- too dark. How long do I wait to re-dye [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair red for years. I wanted to lighten up the red color a shade or two so my colorist used a color corrector and then redosited a lighter red color after the corrector was shampooed out. The color ended up very dark & not red at all so we used the color corrector a second...

How do I make roots match an unnatural hair color? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I dyed my hair a bright fuchsia red(its an unnatural color) and I love it, but my roots are starting to show. If I wanted to continue dying my hair red than how do I get rid of my dark brown roots? How can I bleach them without the risk of hair breakage? Will it be even, or will I have to bleach...

Dying hair a lighter color [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short. My hair bleaches out a lot in the sun and I did some stuff to help bleach it out too Anyway yesterday I bought dark brown hair dye so I could get my hair back to normal! But now my hair is like black! I have washed it a lot and its no longer black but it is still a really dark...

View more questions Search