Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haley12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Is it worth going to college?
    I don't see the point of college or the need for it. I wunna become a singer but I've recorded my singing voice on my iPad and I think I'm terrible but I showed my mom and she thinks its really good but I feel like she's only saying it because she's my mom. I've decided that if I don't make it as a singer that I would become pregnant in my senior year of high school which I'm fine with because I DO NOT wunna wait until I'm older to have a baby. I find it easier to just have a baby when your younger than when your older. I feel like I'm a freak for wanting to have a baby at the age of 17 and not wanting to go to college. I've never told anyone escpecially my parents because people would make fun of me. Please help! I don't know what I should do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 08:35 PM
    I think you have your priorities a little skewed. If you have a baby your last year in high school how will you afford to raise it?

You realize that McDonalds is now even hiring college graduates?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by haley12 View Post
    i dont see the point of college or the need for it. i wunna become a singer but ive recorded my singing voice on my ipad and i think im terrible but i showed my mom and she thinks its rlly good but i feel like shes only saying it cus shes my mom.
    You know, there are other things you could go to college for, right? How about nursing, or social work, for example.

ive decided that if i dont make it as a singer
    The majority of people DON'T make it as a singer. The professionals are the exception to the rule.

i would become pregnant in my senior year of high school which im fine with because i DO NOT wunna wait til im older to have a baby. i find it easier to just have a baby when ur younger than when ur older.
    Do realize that girls who are younger have a harder time with pregnancy, can't afford to raise a child, can't get a good job and have to sit at home getting spit up on while their friends are all out partying?

i feel like im a freak for wanting to have a baby at the age of 17 and not wanting to go to college.
    You aren't a freak, but rather you don't understand how having a baby or going to college will impact your life. Having a baby this young will hold you back from everything you ever dreamed of, however going to college will open so many doors (not to mention bank accounts).

I'm just not sure you understand the risks of having a baby and the benefits of going to college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a college age student of a diabled parent receive help for college? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a fully disabled parent and wonder if my healthy 19 year old is eligible for financial assitance for college?

Platinum College Ring Worth [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Ptatinum College Ring from Josens that is encript with army logo, us flag and college logo what would be the worth of the ring today?

Three college kids traveling on a road trip before college and cross into russia [ 1 Answers ]

Three colege kids traveling on a road trip before they return to school cross the russian boarder and end up running from russian boarder patrol. They are wrongly accused of rape and murder of a young girl and are placed in a russian jail

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

View more questions Search