Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lopezap1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Percent of sales method
    Bigg and Talle Corporation uses the percent-of-sales method to estimate uncollectibles. Net credit
    Sales for the current year amount to $5,000,000, and management estimates 2% will be uncollectible.
    Allowance for Uncollectible Accounts prior to adjustment has a credit balance of $16,000. The amount of
    Expense reported on the income statement will be:
    A) $116,000. I think answer is this?
    B) $100,000.
    C) $ 84,000.
    D) $ 16,000.
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Jul 18, 2012, 03:59 AM
    No, sorry; try again and show your computations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate year ago sales from current sales and percent change [ 1 Answers ]

I know this years sales and the % change over Last Year ( it is down) how do I find Last Years sales?

Percent of accounts receivable method [ 9 Answers ]

Warner Company's year end unadjusted trial balance shows accounts recievable of $99,000 . Allowance for doubtful accounts of $600 (credit). And sales of $280,000. Uncollectables are estimated to be 1.5% of account receivable. 1 Prepare the December 31 year-end adjusting entries for...

When calculating cost of sales percent do you use sales before discounts or after? [ 1 Answers ]

When calculating cost of sales on a financial statement do you use sales before discounts of after discounts?

Percent of sales method [ 4 Answers ]

Use the percent of sales method to forecast next yera's accounts payable. Current year sales are $24,500,000 and sales are expected to rise by 25%. The firm's accounts payable balance is $1,701,600. What is the projection for next year's accounts payable?

Percent of cost of sales to sales [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the percent of cost of sales to sales.

View more questions Search