Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sparky277480 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Breaks/per diem
    I work in construction. I have 2 questions. First am I supposed to get per diem when going out of the range that was agreed upon for per diem which was 60 miles or further from yor shop. The reason I am not getting it is because I am working a public works job according to my employer. How ever they r still paying per diem to employees who work private jobs. They are incorporated also if that matters. I heard that because we are on a public works job that my shop has to follow the local union guide lines for per diem.

Second question is about breaks. I work in California. And I am pretty sure that I am entitled to 2 paid 10 min breaks a day an 1 in paid 30 min break for lunch. I haven't ever revived my 2nd break since I have worked here. It's been about 5 years. If I choose to turn them in an I with in my rights as an employee? And can they give a negative referiance if I choose to look for work else where. I don't want to be black listed as a whistle blower. I think that there is no way I won't be terminated for something because I turned them in. I know that they can't fire me for wanting fair rights but what's to stop them from fireing for making a mistake or being late for reasons beyond my control?
    Sparky277480 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
    So what can I do about these issues? And are they worth perusing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida law regarding breaks and lunch breaks [ 17 Answers ]

I am searching for the law pertaining to Florida breaks and lunch breaks for at will employees. Thank you

Reimbursable per diem vs. employer paid per diem [ 2 Answers ]

Can you file a shortage for per diem on your taxes? If so, what basis is used to determine that difference?

Per diem [ 1 Answers ]

I am an independent contractor that does installations in multiple cities and states. I would like to know if I can use the GSA per diem rate for "lodging, meals, and incidentals", or can I only use actual hotel receipts.

Breaks, a must? Or a maybe? [ 2 Answers ]

My question to you is, do all long-term (you define long term, I say 3 - 4 years minimum) require a separation period regardless of what the matter might be, like is it bound to happen, and is it good? Usually good? Does this happen regardless of how much people love each other? Maybe some success...

View more questions Search