Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cory111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 01:11 PM
    What to do for work/school if you have a felony?
    I have a felony on my record from 4-5 years ago, possession of 2 ridilin pills that did not belong to me.
    Does this automatically mean that I can never become a nurse?
    I am curious if anyone knows what would be a good thing to go to school for with this dreaded felony on my record!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 01:51 PM
    I'm sorry, but yes, this means you cannot become a nurse. The nursing profession wants a totally clean record. Considering this was a drug related charge, this prevents you even more since nurses deal with drugs on a daily basis.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 02:10 PM
    It puts many careers out of the question. You need to consider what you want to do, often a business where you can go into your own, or one that needs no professional license

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still go to school in Texas with a felony? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am interested in Criminal Justice and Psychology, but I am a felon. It is a non violent charge. I am wondering if I can still go to school and be able to get a job in this field with my conviction.

What do you attend school for when you have a felony [ 7 Answers ]

What do you attend school for when you have a felony conviction?

How can I get a grant for school with a felony? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get a grant for school with a felony?

Can I go to nursing school with and felony on my record? The felony was in 2003 and [ 2 Answers ]

It was and possession of and controlled substance and class four felony

My felony was 8 years ago. Will a trucking school train me and put me to work ASAP [ 2 Answers ]

I am searching a career in truck driving. My felonies are not drug related, sex, or violent. Is there a trucking company that will train me for a CDL I have 8 years of no criminal offenses. Not even traffic violations. I would like to make this goal happen.

View more questions Search