Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 05:29 AM
    My brother bought a nissan frontier
    He probably should have checked under the truck last night to make sure everything looked okay. I'm actually surprised he didn't, since he works on cars all the time. Well this morning he went out and found a puddle of oil on his garage floor, looked underneath to see that the oil pan had been rusted out and there was jb weld all over it. Now he's worried that the engine might not be any good because he's not sure if it's ever run without oil. Is there any way he can get out of the paperwork he signed yesterday?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 06:15 AM
    In Ontario in order to sell a used car it is the law it must be accompanied by a Roadworthy Certificate. This has to pass through the DMV on which is added the complete history of the car, accidents and all. Of course if the car you are selling doesn't pass the Licensed Mechanic's cert, it can't be sold, no insurance company will ever touch it.

So, given my little piece of information how things are done in foreign countries, no, he signed a done deal now the vehicle is his to do with what he wants. He got took.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    In Ontario in order to sell a used car it is the law it must be accompanied by a Roadworthy Certificate. This has to pass through the DMV on which is added the complete history of the car, accidents and all. Of course if the car you are selling doesnt pass the Licensed Mechanic's cert, it can't be sold, no insurance company will ever touch it.

So, given my little piece of information how things are done in foreign countries, no, he signed a done deal now the vehicle is his to do with what he wants. He got took.
    That's what I told him. That's what I was afraid of

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Nissan Frontier Overheating [ 6 Answers ]

My truck was overheating about six months ago. I ended up replacing the water pump, thermostat and radiator. Well it worked. The other day I was driving and the bottom hose coming from the radiator popped off causing it to overheat. I towed it home and put it back on filled it with water and...

A/C problem on a 2002 nissan frontier [ 1 Answers ]

My a/c blows could and hot, could and hot on and on.

2006 Nissan Frontier Misfire [ 2 Answers ]

My 06 Frontier 4.0 V6, feels like it has a misfire at low RPM's between 40 and 50 MPH. This is the only time it happens. I've replaced plugs and wires. It hasn't gotten any better or worse. What else could this be

Will a 02-04 Nissan Xterra hood bolt right on a 2000 Nissan Frontier with no mods? [ 0 Answers ]

I've seen it done before online and in magazines. As far as I can tell comparing the two side by side; everything looks identical except the headlight cutouts which I intend to fill. I think it would add a bold custom look. Just wondering. Thanks for your time!

'03 Nissan Frontier Misfire [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2003 Nissan Frontier w/ 4cyl. Auto. The engine shudders under light acceleration at low rpm. If I press the pedal on down or let off completely it seems to smooth out. I am getting a code for " cylinder # 1 misfire". I replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor with no noticeable improvement. My...

View more questions Search