LOOKINFORANSWER Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 04:41 AM
    Cervical/ vaginal cancerous lump?
    I had cervical cancer 5 years ago.
    Was removed by leep procedure
    I had pap 45 days ago
    They never contacted me
    That usually means nothing came up
    A week ago I found a large grape sized lump about 3 inches and to the left inside of my vagina.
    Obviously worried due to previous cancer.
    Wondering how that was missed during my pap test.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 06:18 AM
    I don't know how it was missed. Could be it wasn't and they didn't consider it worrisome. Could be you should ask your doctor, tell him what you have found; I know it would be a big concern for you but best to go back to the 'horse's mouth' so to speak.

Jul 17, 2012, 08:38 AM
    You he's book till September.

Jul 17, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOKINFORANSWER View Post
    ya hes book till september.
    And he's was only doing a pap test he wasn't examining me at all and he's just my family doctor not a gyn
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
    and hes was only doing a pap test he wasnt examining me at all and hes just my family doctor not a gyn
    Looking, I would be more then pleased to tell you how they missed it; even be more pleased to say don't worry but we can't do any kind of diagnosis here on AMHD. Be that as it may, he could have been more thorough, taken more time; it doesn't take an gyn to do a little more then a pap test. My own doctor, after doing a pap, always does an internal.

Jul 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
    That's why I posted here. I was hoping to be able to get into contact with a doctor.
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
    thats why i posted here. i was hoping to be able to get into contact with a doctor.
    Even if we did have a doctor Looking, diagnosis over the internet is impossible.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
    thats why i posted here. i was hoping to be able to get into contact with a doctor.

If a Physician didn't detect a problem - and a pap test DOES require an internal "exam," of sorts - we can't diagnose it without seeing you.

Explain the problem and tell the receptionist that this can't wait until September.

Or go to an OB/GYN. Why would you go back to the person who missed it?

Jul 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
    You I'm going to go to a walk in to get a refferal to see a obgyn
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2012, 12:47 PM
    ya im gonna go to a walk in to get a refferal to see a obgyn

Absolutely the best answer - and then I'd ask how/why the pap smear didn't pick it up (one way or the other) and then decide on a course of action.

I hope it's nothing - fingers crossed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal Lump. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lump at the top of the outside of my Vagina. It started very small and in a number of weeks has gained in size of a small pea. It does not cause me pain or discomfit of any kind. I am only 19 years of age and am not informed in this kind of thing and am getting very worried. Would anyone...

Vaginal Lump. [ 1 Answers ]

A golf ball sized lump recently appeared near the opening of my vagina, seemingly out of nowhere like it happened overnight. What could it be?

Vaginal lump [ 1 Answers ]

I can feel a soft fleshy growth that stick out my vagina sometimes. Then other times it don't. I have no pain associated with it. But I'm worried my insides going to fall out 1 day

Lump in Vaginal Area [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump in the inside of my Virginia and the lump is the size of a marble and I'm experecing sharp pain in the vaginal area and stomach. What is this?

Pre cancerous cells found in cervical glands [ 9 Answers ]

6 motnhs ago I under went a biospy down below because like a lot of women my smeer test has come back abnormal.unfirtuatly the biospy found that the precancerous cells had spread to my cerix glands(this is graded at cin 3) this they suggested a hystrerectomy.I am only 25 but fortunate to have one...

View more questions Search