Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabel51010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 01:25 PM
    how to start the process of getting my child's custody and permission t leave the stat
    Just recently my x and I broke up been in the process of that and I have more opportunities by moving back home from Omaha to Santa barbara and I wanted to know what to do to get my child's custody and permission to leave with her outa the state, he doesn't no want me to take our child far so he is willing to fight for her custody and keep her
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabel51010 View Post
    Just recently my x and i broke up been in the process of that and i have more opportunities by moving back home from Omaha to Santa barbara and i wanted to know what to do to get my childs custody and permission to leave with her outa the state, he doesn no want me to take our child far so he is willing to fight for her custody and keep her

What does "you have been in the process" mean? You've been to Court? One of you has filed papers for custody/visitation/support?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
    If there is pending litigation, then you may not be able to move without being in contempt of court. If the court were to allow you to move, it would be with generous visitation for him. Like summers and school holidays with travel at your expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing child's last name without permission [ 0 Answers ]

My son lives with his dad in Minnesota. I still have my parental rights. Can he change my sons name without asking me?

If I leave my daughter with my mother without permission [ 4 Answers ]

If I leave my daughter with my mother without permission can she file child abandonment charges against me?

When can I leave home without permission in Georgia? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 17, and I'll be 18 on May 12th (I'm posting this on March 20th) I've heard some people say that I can come and leave here as I choose, while others say I can't until I'm 18. Both sides seem to have laws, or otherwise, personal experiences to back them up. I don't necessarily want to move...

Can the mother of a child leave MN without permission [ 2 Answers ]

My granddaughter is being moved from MN to Montana because her mother found another new boyfriend, mind you this is the 6th one in less then a year. There is a court order for support and visitation in effect but the parents have never been married. Is it legal for the mother to just up and move?

View more questions Search