Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timothy101101 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Jul 16, 2012, 01:14 PM
    My flat had a few water leaks and it caused damage can I get compensation.
    I have just had 3 leaks in my bedroom and the wall is soaked and now the wallpaper is recked and the paint is peeling of.
    My landlord is orbit south who have told me the will come and repair the leaks within 7 days but what can I do about the water damage to the wallpaper and paint.
    I feel they are responsible for it as the are the landlord and it is there fault for the shoddy building work.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy101101 View Post
    i have just had 3 leaks in my bedroom and the wall is soaked and now the wallpaper is recked and the paint is peeling of.
    my landlord is orbit south who have told me the will come and repair the leaks within 7 days but what can i do about the water damage to the wallpaper and paint.
    i feel they are responsable for it as the are the landlord and it is there fault for the shoddy building work.

Have they said they WON'T pay for it or WON'T repair it?

I have no idea what orbit south is.

The cause of the damage is immaterial UNLESS it's your fault. They have to provide you with a healthy living space. Ask for the repair and restoration. I see no indication that they've said "no."

Jul 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Have they said they WON'T pay for it or WON'T repair it?

I have no idea what orbit south is.

The cause of the damage is immaterial UNLESS it's your fault. They have to provide you with a healthy living space. Ask for the repair and restoration. I see no indication that they've said "no."
    They said they they will repair the leak in 7 days but didn't indicate weather the wallpaper damage would be sorted.

Orbit south is a housing orgonisation.

The cause isn't my fault as I have no means to get to the roof.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
    they said they they will repair the leak in 7 days but didnt indicate weather the wallpaper damage would be sorted.

orbit south is a housing orgonisation.

the cause isnt my fault as i have no means to get to the roof.

- so wait and see what they do. You're jumping the gun. It has to be repaired and then the cosmetic damage has to be repaired.

I would be too forceful or you could face eviction until it's repaired and corrected.

I'm not saying to back down - I'm just saying to wait and see what management does.

Jul 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    - so wait and see what they do. You're jumping the gun. It has to be repaired and then the cosmetic damage has to be repaired.

I would be too forceful or you could face eviction until it's repaired and corrected.

I'm not saying to back down - I'm just saying to wait and see what management does.
    I have taken some pictures so I will take your advise and wait till it is fixed.
    If it is not done then at least I have some proof of damages.

Thank you
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
    i have taken some pictures so i will take your advise and wait till it is fixed.
    if it is not done then atleast i have some proof of damages.

thank you

Smart move!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopped up toilet caused water damage. Will insurance cover [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 year old son stopped up the toilet upstairs. Water leaked through the ceiling causing all kinds of damage. Our insurance is telling us that the damage is not covered. Would we have to have some special insurance to cover this?

No lease tenant compensation for damage [ 1 Answers ]

We rented my house to my idiot brother in law. There was no lease, it was just until the house sold. He stopped paying rent in Sept. Then we find out he let his dogs use the second floor as a bathroom, ruining the carpets. :mad: We kicked him out and his equally idiot girlfriend out immediately. ...

Plumber is ripping us off for the damage he caused [ 12 Answers ]

This is super, super frustrating. We're in Texas and there should be laws against a contractor causing damage on your property - to the property and then charging you to fix it. It is absolutely a nightmare!! We had a gas leak at our outside riser. A plumber came and said he'd fix it. After...

View more questions Search