Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 07:54 AM
    Home Owners Insurance
    We have a hurricane deductible 10%of $11,667.00= $1,166.70
    Then we have a peril deductible of $2,500.00

Which one of these deductibles takes ascendancy over the other?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor1189 View Post
    We have a hurricane deductible 10%of $11,667.00= $1,166.70
    Then we have a peril deductible of $2,500.00

Which one of these deductibles takes ascendancy over the other?

Are both policies through the same company?

My policy (and I have a flood insurance policy) is similar but both policies address the specifics. If it's a flood, claimed on flood insurance, that policy's deductible comes into play.

If it's, for example, a fire my HO comes into play with a $1,000 deductible.

The flood insurance is in play ONLY when there's a flood, to the exclusion of other coverage.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Thanks. I am in Florida. Same insurance company.. No flood insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pools and Home Owners Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my situation. My pool is a cedar walled, inground liner pool. My pool collapsed and I don't know why. I have checked my insurance coverage and it appears it will be difficult to get it covered. I have a safety cover on the pool and so I am not sure what may have been going on underneath. I...

Home Owners Insurance On New Roof [ 10 Answers ]

We are planning to have a new roof put on our home in Wisconsin this summer. We have two estimates - one from a nationwide major construction company and one from a local free-lance roofer who just does roofs on the side. The construction company sales person told us that in the future if we...

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

View more questions Search