Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Honeywell TH8000 thermostat
    This thermostat was installed only 8 months ago and has worked fine until last night. It began a humming sound and the thermostate vibrates. What is causing this? The heater is working fine and all displays are normal. It is just this loud sound that is emitting from the thermostate itself and the vibration that is new.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Never heard of this problem before and I have been around the heating trade for many many years.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Sounds like something is loose inside and responding to the 24 volts AC. Do you have a warranty on it?
    Grammy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 06:19 AM
    The thermostat is under warranty. I have left a message with the installer and hope to hear back from them today. Thanks for your insight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell TH8000 intermittent [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few months old Lennox heat pump with Honeywell TH8000 thermostat. Most of the time the thermostat works great but once every two weeks or so the inside temperature on the unit says 75, the thermostat is set to turn on heat at 72, and the heat comes on! The programming is set for manual,...

Honeywell TH8000 Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

When this thermostat call for aux. heat, it reads aux. heat on the pad but no heat. The aux. heat works in manual mode. I think a setup code is wrong since it has never done right. Could someone help.

Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D Chronotherm IV Plus I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Have noticed at times that the LCD on...

Honeywell RTH110B Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace thermostat was taken off the wall while moving furniture now I have 3 wires hanging out of a whole in the wall. I would like to hook those wires up to Honeywell RTH110B but I’m not sure which wire goes where. On the red wire I have 24vac, on my white wire I have 12vac and I have a blue...

View more questions Search