Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jj89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 12:34 AM
    Can I lose some of the money I receive.? Monthly.?
    I was just recently awarded Ssi disability last month for numerous conditions since I was a young child and now also because I'm no longer able to work due to neck and back injury.. I was just informed the mother of my child is wanting to try and receive some extra help from my Ssi payments each month. If she is awarded the money, in which ways will this effect my monthly benefits.. will it decrease what I'm awarded monthly?. Or will my benefits stay the same.?
    Human Beanpod Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 09:24 AM
    Hi, I'm on SSI also so this what I would do and what I know, first you should call your case worker at your local SSI office, most are very helpful dedicated people (they certainly are not there to get rich) they will be able to answer your questions much better than anyone here. The only thing I can think off is... That "if" and it seems to me far fetched but then again I don't have any children, if your child's mother were to get a portion of your monthly check then that would result in an increase in your food stamp assistance if you get them or if not they would get you on whatever program your state has to off set the $$ you might have to put out for child support. Either way you won't really be losing any benefits. But like I said at first your case worker can help you with this in a much more definitive way so you won't have any extra stress or worries =) I hope this helps I know how confusing and frustrating it can be dealing with SSI & DSHS, If you don't know who your case worker is just call your local SSI office (check the blue pages in the ph. Book) they go by last name, like Mr. X handles all cases of everyone who's last names beginning with A through D and so on. Good luck, just be straight up with them and it will get worked out. C Ya.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why didn't I receive any money [ 2 Answers ]

I was receiving child support when he would work so he stop and got behind 15,000 then he became disabled and got his disability but I never received any money from the 15000 I want to know was I suppose to get my 15000 I called the child support department no answers from them then I received a...

What would cause you to lose your period but receive dried out brown blood spotting? [ 0 Answers ]

I have always had a normal consistent on time... well on may 2nd I got the depvo shot for the first time ( iwas suppose to be on day 5 of my period but ends up I didn't bleed at all that day) ever since then I have not had a period. Around the 20th of June when I went to restroom and I wiped I...

Adult children's right to receive child support money [ 3 Answers ]

I am paying child support in the state of Texas. For approximately 8 years I have been paying child support for back child support owed. My sons are now 28, 26 & 25. Are they not entitled to receive this money as it is for them. My ex-wife lives on welfare and food stamps and has for the past 23...

If your convicted of a felony, can you receive money for school? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if somebody that is convicted of a felony, can receive a grant or do they offer any help for people that are convicted felon's to go to school? :confused:

Does a cosigner receive money at selling of house? [ 5 Answers ]

If someone cosigns on a home, then the house is later sold, does that cosigner have any legal rights to 1/2 of the sale? Specifically, someone I know cosigned for a refinance on a property. The original owners couldn't refinance on their own because of bad credit. The owners later sold the...

View more questions Search