Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhmc24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Sony SS-B1000 Speakers for Sony Bravia HDTV?
    I need to know if the Sony SS-B1000 Speakers can plug into and work on my Sony Bravia HDTV.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Most likely not. Those speakers require an amplifier.

So basically you would need an audio/video receiver. If you want speakers you can connect directly to your TV and are self-powered, then you might want to look at computer speakers.

Without knowing the model of your TV though, we cannot be 100% sure. FYI: Nearly all modern Sony HDTVs are "Bravia;" think of it like a second brand name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to hook up speakers to sony bravia TV? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to hook up speakers to a bravia from a headphone Jack? If not is there a special jack to use?

Connecting speakers to Sony Bravia [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all! I recently picked up a Sony Bravia 46". I would like to add some addition speakers to it to enhance the sound of both TV and digital music channels (which I will son be subscribing to). I already have a DVD player and several good speakers, so I really don't need a HTIB system. ...

Sony bravia TV and external speakers? [ 3 Answers ]

Does the TV have to be programmed because my external speakers are hooked up but NO SOUND.

Connect external speakers to Sony Bravia [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a sony bravia 46" LCD in which the sound is not good. I have an old sony Hi-Fi system which I connected to the TV and it performs well. But I have to switch on the hi-fi system, change the mode to MD/AUX. So I'm trying to connect the speakers directly to the TV. The speakers...

Connecting old speakers to new Sony Bravia? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a small pair of external speakers (just stripped wire used for connection) that I used with my old analog TV. What do I need to use them with a new Sony Bravia TV? Can I connect them directly or do I need some amplification? What kind of connectors will work with the Sony Bravia audio out...

View more questions Search