Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmg071707 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
    I can't seem to pick up the pieces of my life after my lover died
    My partner died one day short of 5 years, it was completely unexpected and devastating. I just don't know what to do with myself, I cry constantly, I can't get out of bed, going anywhere is exhausting, I don't eat, I can't sleep. I stare into space, I just miss him, his arms, his lying next to me, his kisses. No I am not romanticizing our relationship of course we had bad times, but I cannot imagine going on without him. We fully expected to live out lives together forever, and yes it is selfish of me to be having all these feeling of what about me, but I just can't seem to get past this. What could I have done to keep this from happening? Why couldn't I sweeter, and not so tough all the time, I told him everyday how much I loved him, just as he told me. No one could ever replace our connection and yet now I am the one having to deal the rest of my life knowing that I will never have that again, I am completely empty. I truly just want to give up so that maybe I could be joined with him again. I miss him every minute of every day.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2012, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg071707 View Post
    My partner died one day short of 5 years, it was completely unexpected and devastating. I just don't know what to do with myself, I cry constantly, I can't get out of bed, going anywhere is exhausting, I don't eat, I can't sleep. I stare into space, I just miss him, his arms, his lying next to me, his kisses. No I am not romanticizing our relationship of course we had bad times, but I cannot imagine going on without him. We fully expected to live out lives together forever, and yes it is selfish of me to be having all these feeling of what about me, but I just can't seem to get past this. What could I have done to keep this from happening? Why couldn't I sweeter, and not so tough all the time, I told him everyday how much I loved him, just as he told me. No one could ever replace our connection and yet now I am the one having to deal the rest of my life knowing that I will never have that again, I am completely empty. I truly just want to give up so that maybe I could be joined with him again. I miss him every minute of every day.

Everyone grieves in a different fashion, in a different time frame.

How long ago did your lover die?

I was widowed and it took a long, long time to even say his name. I didn't say "widow" for years. I always said "wife."

I can give you the speech about not honoring his memory if you don't go on, but I'm sure you've heard that. I'm sure you've been told it gets better, and it does. Things are never the same, but it does get better.

Have you thought about a support group, a therapist, someone who will simply listen to you?

I don't know how you could have kept "it" from happening. What were the circumstances of his death? I live with guilt every day because I signed the papers to take my husband off life support.

Do you work? Do you go out at all?
    jmg071707 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
    He died June 29, 2012 a day before our 5 year anniversary.

No I took a leave of abscene from work, I don't go out, my bottom is glued to the couch, and I have seven boxes of kleenex's around me at al times. I just can't seem to pull myself together, I don't care to talk to my friends, family, or anyone. All I want to do is sleep, and if I can't sleep I take pills to sleep. When I'm awake all I do is wait for his calls, or for him to come home, I sleep on his pillow, I wear his clothes, and I wrap myslef in his blanket just so I can smell him around me. I have lost the best part of me, and it's ireplaceable.
    tallemand74 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2013, 03:56 PM
    The month my fiancée was suppose to propose to me, he found out he had terminal cancer. I dealt with that for a year before he died. I was there in the hospital room when he took his last breath. It was devastating to say the least. I cried constantly. I was just like you. It took years for me to come to the realization that I was never going to see him again. I was heartbroken. It does get easier as time goes by, but like the other person said. we all grieve in our own way. It took probably 3 or 4 years for me to actually be able to say his name without crying. I still do sometimes. It never goes away, the heartache. But it will get easier to cope with. I hope this helps and I am sorry for your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I pick up the pieces and move on in life? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody. I'm asking this question because I have nowhere else to go. I grew up in a very violent household. Up until I was maybe 18, there were fights in the house almost twice a week. When I was young, I was beaten many times by both of my parents. I was then sent to military school,...

My baby's father my life died [ 5 Answers ]

Im losing it... I'm twenty years old I was with my boyfriend for over 4 years our daughter turns six months tomorrrow and he died in a car wreck last night... and I keep looking for him. And calling leaving voicemails. I saw the secene the blood all of it. I need advice that is better than what...

My dad recently died and I want to find out my rights as to his life insurance policy [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently passed and I want to find out if I have any benefits how do I find this out

View more questions Search