Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cuatodyissuesmm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Custody problem
    I have a 8 weeks old son. His father and I are not together. He wasn't there when I was pregnant but all of a sudden he wants to be here. I was fine with him being there for the child because I want my child to know his dad. But recently we argue about the money he gives 200 a month an he is threatening that if he goes to legal I will get less(50$?? ) I don't know much about legal but he is bsing. We are both in the military and are Boyd to deploy. I set up a plan for the baby since he refused to sign the birth certificate. He is threatening to get joint custody although he doesn't even have an apartment. Is this possible? I can provide for my son sufficiently and I'm only talking to his dad because of my child(at this point I'd rather he just disappears)
    How much visitation will he get? If I go to court. I want to have sole custody but of course he can visit the child often and be in his life.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
    The likelihood is he will get joint legal custody with you getting primary physical custody. I would suspect he will get visitation of approximately 2 weekends a month.

As for support that will be based on the law where the case is heard.
    Cuatodyissuesmm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The likelihood is he will get joint legal custody with you getting primary physical custody. I would suspect he will get visitation of approximately 2 weekends a month.

As for support that will be based on the law where the case is heard.
    With joint custody does he pay child support? We are on CA
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
    As long it is not 50/50 physical custody, yes. You can find online calculators to estimate support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get full custody back after cps gave my mother and I joint custody

Custody Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 yr old son, his father has been in and out of his life when it's convenient for him. I have been seeing a man for almost a year now that my son's father doesn't like, he is great with my son and is wonderful to me. My son's father has been harassing me non stop for almost 6 months now...

View more questions Search