Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RBenton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Thrift Store
    What are the major things to starting a thrift store business?
    SmartAlex Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Mar 3, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Starting a thrift store can be a wonderful venture if you've done your homework on what's already in the area,how things are priced and you know that it is a labor intense business.

Last year after recovering from a major surgery I volunteered for a few months in a local upper scale thrift store so I could get used to working again little by little.

I stayed for about 6 months. Steam cleaning, hanging,sorting,organizing.

Honey,this is like cleaning your closet 100 times in one day and the next day you start all over again! It's a ton of work.

Yes,you can make a lot of money if you're organized and committed but if not,it's best to stay away from this back breaker.

It's important to get your local laws concerning thrift stores as well as your other responsibilities.

Let me know where you are from if you want help finding out the particulars on the legal issues?

Here's a website you may find very helpful .

url=http://www.tgtbt.com/startashop.htm]Start a resale, consignment, or thrift shop with help from Too Good to be Threw

Remember,I'm here if you need help.

Sincerely,SmartAlex
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RBenton
    What are the major things to starting a thrift store business?
    Hello RB:

Experience in the thrift store business! Without that, nothing else matters.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thrift store [ 5 Answers ]

What do I need to start a thrift store

How to start a thrift store [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I hope anyone can help. I would like to start a small thrift store / gift & crafts. I have no idea where to start. Like permit or licence. I saw a place I really like. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks ecomoe :)

New thrift store business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hope anyone can help. I would like to start a small thrift store / gift & crafts. I have no idea where to start

Starting a thrift store [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to start a thrift store. I already have commercial buiding and items to sell. I would like to know how I need to set it up legally. What are the tax laws? Thank you :)

View more questions Search