Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Mar 3, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Plagiarism
    In class we had to fill out a chart about species at risk and we had to go to this specific website to fill it out, "www.speciesatrisk.gc.ca". She give us a sheet with a blank chart and the instructions to fill out the chart but the boxes were very small. I created my own chart on the computer and copied information from the site onto my chart. I attempt to hand up the plagiarised work but she rejects it. She did not realise it was plagiarised from the site but rejected it because she wanted me to do the chart she gave us. She said hand it up the next day and she would minus 5 marks out of 25. I over the chart that she gave us the template for and handed it up. I got 20 out of 25 but then 5 marks were deducted for being late so I got 15 out of 25. I questioned her why she deduced marks because originally I gave her the chart I did but she rejected it because it was not what she wanted. She looked at it and said it's not my work and then went to the library with me and check the site and proved that I plagiarised it. She said that the next time I did it she would get me suspended. I left.

Previously she had called me an . I reported it to the vice-principal. Some people heard me reporting her that she used obscene language and told her that I tried to get her fired although that was definitely not my intention. So the next day when I was in class she grabbed my book and started shouting at me ordering that I get out the original chart I did that was plagiarised. I did not know what she was talking about and then started calling me a liar, riffled through my book and then got the chart and set me to the office.

I got suspended and a mark of zero assigned.

So my question is how can I be in trouble if my original chart I did was rejected because it was not what she wanted? She graded my new chart and only after she found out that it was plagiarised. I did not hand up my plagiarised chart only attempted to so why should I be punished?

She victimized me because I reported how she called me an which was true.
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Although this teacher is clearly out of line sometimes (calling you obscene names, yelling at you in front of class) she is right in penalizing you for attempting to plagiarise. Let me give you an analogy: Attempted burglary is a crime, just as burglary is. Wouldn't you think it's fair that you are punished for trying to turn in copied work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search