Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meh65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Can T-bars be installed after laminate flooring has been laid?
    I recently had laminate flooring installed in all rooms in my house except the kitchen and bathrooms. I've been hearing crunching/ crackling sounds when walking on the floors particularly in areas where T-bars were not installed such as where the doors are positioned in the adjoining rooms. Is it possible to remedy this by having T-bars installed without damaging the rest of the laminate?
    Celer Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Did you stagger your seams 12" apart? How is the perimitaer spacing for expanstion.
    T-bar won't remedy the sounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can any flooring material be laid over existing ceramic tiles? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to "freshen up" existing ceramic tiles in a kitchen. Are there any flooring materials that can be laid over the ceramic tiles?

Laminate Flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I had a wood laminate floor installed about 2 months ago in living room, dining room, kitchen & hallway. It looks beautiful but there are several areas where the laminate is raised (about 5 feet from front door, 2 foot area), 2 foot area by kitchen. It is not flat to the floor and moves up and...

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

Direction wood plank flooring should be laid [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing vinyl tiles that look like wood planks, should I lay them the length of the rooms or should I try to make the space seem wider by laying them the width of the space?

Laminate Flooring [ 3 Answers ]

What do I do about laminate flooring that is bucking up?

View more questions Search