Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twebb272 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 06:34 PM
    cant afford my condo and cant sell it
    Life changes and can't afford my condo anymore. The bank sent information offering a modification which has been more of a nightmere than 3 other buying and selling of houses. Started the process in Jan and it is now July. Don't want to go through a foreclosure and market value is a good $20+grand less than I owe. Can I just surrender it back to the bank
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Only if the bank will accept it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2012, 07:36 PM
    Agree, you may ask the bank, but why should they ? Are you offering to pay them additional money on top of it

Have you asked them about trying to sell it on a short sale ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone sell his condo without board's approval? [ 3 Answers ]

We just find out that a person who was director of association sold his place without the board knowing. From the time I'm in the board every condo for sale couldn't close without the association letter. What is the best way we can figure out how this guy close without our approval when he owns us...

I cannot afford my truck payments! Can I sell it for less than I owe? [ 1 Answers ]

In a very poor decision, I bought a truck than I simply can't afford. I have had it only six months and have put 6,000 miles on it. I must get out of these payments or have them drastically lowered. My credit is too poor to take out a personal loan to pay what I owe on the vehicle. My question...

Can't sell our land and can't afford the payment [ 1 Answers ]

My husband bought some land 4 years ago before he met me and planned to build a house. The land is about 3 hours north of where we live now. We got married and bought a house about a year ago. The land is for sale but we have not had one offer. We tried selling it on our own and now have a...

What's the best way to sell my condo in MN? [ 5 Answers ]

New to homeowning... Have a condo in St.Paul, MN. Want to sell. Who's the best company to go through to save me money? Condo only worth about $75,000, not many agents into it because they wouldn't make much money out of it I think. Any ideas?

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

View more questions Search