Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nina Fitzsimmon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Does a great aunt have visitation rights
    I was living with my aunt for nearly two years then we had a massive fall out and I stopped her from seeing my daughter cause she slandered me for four months on Facebook till I got the police now she's suing for visitation rights does she have rights
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nina Fitzsimmon View Post
    I was living with my aunt for nearly two years then we had a massive fall out and I stopped her from seeing my daughter cause she slandered me for four months on Facebook till I got the police now she's suing for visitation rights does she have rights
    Rights for what?
    Rights to sue... sure. Visitation is not granted immediately -she must show that she had relationship with your daughter and it will be in the best interest of your daughter that relationship to continue,,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughters aunt is demanding visitation rights [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have a daughter in common and his sister is taking us to court for visitation rights. My daughter will be three in a couple of months and her aunt has been a part of her life since she was born. She hasn't had a huge part of her life, just once in a while she would baby sit or we...

Is it worth an aunt getting a solicitor er for visitation rights [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a biological aunt. My brother is the father. He has separated from his wife and not acting good at all. She is now saying that I cannot see my niece & nephew who I used to have at my house every other weekend. I have a good career and can provide for them financially and instil good...

Does an aunt have visitation rights at all in the state of Oregon? [ 6 Answers ]

I was awarded full custody of my daughter in 2007. She is now four and a half and we have a happy life together. Her father is not in the picture currently. She has had a relationship with her father's sister for the last year and a half and now that I just told her that she couldn't see her one...

Visitation rights as an aunt. [ 4 Answers ]

My soon to be sister in law does not allow me to see my nephew. I have seen him every week since he was born. We have always had a great relationship. This all began when she I mentioned to her that I invited her step daughter(my niece) to my sons 3rd birthday. I let her know in advance because my...

What can I do for visitation rights as an aunt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Lizeth, I am 21 years old. And I have a 2 year old son. Married, and going to college. I wanted to know what can I do for visitation rights as an aunt? Ever since my niece was born (I was at the time living with my mother and in high school) My brother and his girlfriend would leave...

View more questions Search