Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C27SK Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
    W8- BEN form for contract job in US
    Hi,

I am an Indian staying in US with an L2 Visa from 19th March 2012 and will be in US for 5 more months. I received a contract job offer to work at home. The company has e-mailed me a W8-BEN form to fill up.

I went through IRS instructions and reached at possible answers for some questions as given below.

Permanent address: Indian address as shown in Passport?
    Mailing address: US address?
    SSN: I have an SSN, can fill in that

Section 9a:The beneficial owner is a resident of ( INDIA/ USA) with n the meaning of income tax treaty... which s the correct one ?INDIA or USA?

Section 11: should I tick this box?

Thanks for helping .

Check out some similar questions!

Law implication for not filing taxes with on resident alienA W8-ben form as a n [ 0 Answers ]

I am a foreign citizen living in the caribbean I opened an online brokerage account as a non resident alien I only work in the us on a J-1 visa is there any tax implications with that since I didn't use a W*-ben form I do have a social security number and a bankaccount that is active in the US

W8 Ben form [ 1 Answers ]

I am on H1-b. I am Indian citizen. I have US bank account. I have received W8 Ben form from the bank. Whether should I received the wait Ben form , if so why? What does this mean?

W8 Ben Form [ 2 Answers ]

After retiring, I moved back permanently to the UK a year ago from the US. I have dual citizenship and want to transfer my 401k funds from the US to the UK. I was informed I would need to fill out a W8 Ben form as I may be eligible for the Treaty tax rate. Is this accurate?

When do I have to file form w8-BEN? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident-alien (passed the substantial presence test) for tax purposes. I opened a stock trading account with Zecco.com. I am requested to send form W8-BEN. I was reading instructions and it says, w8-BEN is applicable only for non-resident aliens. Do I even have to file wait or is there...

Contract job [ 1 Answers ]

If a person holding H1B visa is a permanent employee of company A, can he work as a contractor for company B for a couple of hours a week. If yes, how does he receive his pay check and what are the options?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.