Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sensibuddy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Heavy drinking and EtG test
    Last week, I was drinking around 7-24 oz beers a night, for about a week. My last drink was about 11pm and have an EtG test 8 days later. Is it possible I will fail for having so much alcohol consumed?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 05:58 PM
    No it isn't!

Jul 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
    So you are saying I shouldn't have any problems?
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 06:17 PM
    The detection window for EtG is no where near 8 days. There will be no EtG in your system after 8 days of sobriety.

Jul 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Thank you for answering. Does that mean it is true that it takes roughly 48 hours for your BAC to go to zero, regardless of alcohol intake? 168 oz. of alcohol a night for a week seems to be allot to clear my system of etgs by EtG time. Any incite on why?
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sensibuddy View Post
    Thank you for answering. Does that mean it is true that it takes roughly 48 hours for your BAC to go to zero, regardless of alcohol intake? 168 oz. of alcohol a night for a week seems to be allot to clear my system of etgs by etg time. Any incite on why?
    Alcohol doesn't wait for you to stop drinking to begin clearance. While you are in the second hour of drinking the alcohol from the previous hour is already being metabolized. In addition, the greater the amount of alcohol in your system the faster your liver metabolizes (up to a point).

While a social drinker might metabolize alcohol at the rate of about one drink an hour heavy sustained drinkers may metabolize at the rate of 3 drinks per hour.

So long as your liver and kidneys are in good shape it would be very unusual for alcohol to remain measurable in your system beyond 15 hours regardless of amount consumed or duration of drinking. EtG is detectable longer because it is created as a result of the removal of the alcohol.

Jul 12, 2012, 06:45 PM
    So would I be good after 80 hours like others, or would I be in the longer category of 100+ hours till etg's are not detectable? I have probably seen hundreds of questions about this, but they were not drinking like I was so this would be good research for a similar person in my shoes.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 06:52 PM
    So would I be good after 80 hours like others, or would I be in the longer category of 100+ hours till etg's are not detectable? I have probably seen hundreds of questions about this, but they were not drinking like I was so this would be good research for a similar person in my shoes.
    There is no way of determining individual elimination rates. In the tests that claim to have detected EtG at 100 hours there are some of the same group that cleared in 39 hours and the average was around 66 hours. So 80 hours seldom applies and only a very few have ever been positive at 100 hours.

Jul 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Just a recap, I just came back from my probation appointment and was never tested. Had the "DT" next to today's appointment and he never asked to submit so if that is not a Godsend, I don't know what is. Unfortunately, I will not have any information about anything for anyone at this time or ever as I will be placed on unsupervised by next Wednesday.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Just a recap, I just came back from my probation appointment and was never tested. Had the "DT" next to today's appointment and he never asked to submit so if that is not a Godsend, I don't know what is. Unfortunately, I will not have any information about anything for anyone at this time or ever as I will be placed on unsupervised by next Wednesday.
    You experience DTs and consider it a blessing that it wasn't detected? Bit of a mixed blessing for you personally.

Jul 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
    No, I was never tested at all. I was supposed to be tested today, but they never asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG test after heavy drinking? [ 6 Answers ]

Consumed heavy amounts of alcohol on and off for about 5 days. Have a test roughly 8 days from last drink. Most people are golden after 120 hours but will binge drinking possibly make me test positive over a week later? I am a healthy and active individual

Will I pass an ETG test 87 hours after drinking? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm new to this site and had posted this question a few days ago with no answers so I'm wondering if I'm doing it right. My question was for Dr Bill... who I've seen answer several questions similar to mine. Just wondered his expert opinion on passing an ETG test 87 hours after a last drink. Three...

ETG test after drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 31 year old female and approx. 165lbs. I drank five beers Friday night, one beer Saturday, and one beer Sunday. I have to submit a urine sample for an ETG test tomorrow by 4:30pm. Will I be able to pass?

Will I pass an ETG test after drinking one beer [ 7 Answers ]

I drank one beer at 8PM with dinner and thereafter started flushing my system with water after I knew I messed up. I got up and went to the gym for 2 hours. Drank liter after liter of water and green tea. I took vitamin B and C and creatine (sp) to hopefully combat the diluted urine. I pissed...

EtG test after drinking 110 hours [ 5 Answers ]

I drank about 8 beers last Saturday night finishing at 11pm. I tested today Thursday at 3pm. What are the chances of failing?

View more questions Search