Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamsv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Question about mini display port adapters for mac and PCs
    I am in need of a mini display port to HDMI adapter for my Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook to hook up to my Dell Ultrasharp 24" monitor. My questions is, will an adapter that is made for an apple computer also work with my Dell? Such as this one right here Amazon.com: Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Cable, 6 feet: Electronics

One of the reviewers has said it worked on his XPS, but I have also read that connectors related to display port connectors and adapters do not work on PC's. Here is another example as well that would work for me, as I have a spare double sides HDMI cable as well, provided it is compatible with my Dell Amazon.com: Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Female Adapter Cable for Apple Macbook, Macbook Pro...: Electronics

I really appreciate any help or info, as this question has been bugging me for some time now. Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

Mac video display distorted [ 1 Answers ]

Why did my 5 year old Mac just start having problems displaying videos on Safari?

Urgent Help Opinions On Buying An Apple Mac Mini Wanted [ 15 Answers ]

I have been using a PC for the past 7 years and now there is a big change coming - I am purchasing a 1.42ghz, 80 gb, combo drive MAC MINI. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW if I should purchase it online via apple.ca, or at Best Buy. :confused: The price is the same $749. (canadian dollars). It comes with...

Mac Mini Video Capture? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All hard drives in the mini are rated at 5400 rpm. This being the case, what is the suitability of this unit to capture video? I know I'd have to get an external converter and firewire it to the Mini. Also is firewire 400 OK to use in this way? Thanks.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.