Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Questions about Islam
    I know very little about Islam. I do see a lot of new questions every day concerning sex (primarily) and marriage.

Is the religion more complicated than other religions, more difficult to "translate" to daily living, not taught at an early age?

I'm learning (and Jennypepsi has been a big help) but I wonder about the sheer number of questions.

Why?
    shada95 Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Aug 30, 2012, 04:59 AM
    What you want to know abou islam I'm I muslum girl
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:01 AM
    It seems like Islam has many rules, especially for women. Is that true?

Aug 30, 2012, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It seems like Islam has many rules, especially for women. Is that true?
    That's is true but this rules come to protect the women
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:04 AM
    They may protect her, but it seems there is a rule for every step she takes -- and they limit her freedom.

Aug 30, 2012, 05:13 AM
    They may protect her, but it seems there is a rule for every step she takes -- and they limit her freedom.
    It's not true. We have freedom but ther's thing not allowed to do as kissing boys or wear a short clothes but all women in islam can learn travel take care about her style many thing... We keep all the beauty we have for the one who maried us we can't let this thing for all men in the world to see us in short clothes we are like a gold no one can catch us
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:14 AM
    Can Muslim women drive and own their own cars?

Aug 30, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Can Muslim women drive and own their own cars?
    Yeah I have my own cars and many women's have
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:18 AM
    I thought women must have a driver and cannot drive or own their own cars. Or is that in a stricter Muslim society?

Aug 30, 2012, 05:20 AM
    I thought women must have a driver and cannot drive or own their own cars. Or is that in a stricter Muslim society?
    No we don't have driver we drive.. The society in islam dosen't say women's can't drive ther's no thing like that in islam
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Hmmm, my Muslim friend in Dubai must always have a driver to take her shopping, etc.

And work -- my friend says women cannot be hired for many jobs, not permitted.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shada95 View Post
    What you want to know abou islam im i muslum girl

I don't understand why so many people post questions on AMHD about Islam. If you look through the thread I think you will see exactly what I mean. Much of the confusion is about sex, what is allowed and what is not. It appears that their only source of information is AMHD - ?

It seems that a lot of people either don't understand "their" religion or it is very complicated.

One of our members - Jenniepepsi - has actually studied and answers the questions well and clearly. She's my "go to" when I want/need information.

Why do so many people appear to have so little knowledge about a religion they practice?

Aug 30, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Hmmm, my Muslim friend in Dubai must always have a driver to take her shopping, etc.

And work -- my friend says women cannot be hired for many jobs, not permitted.
    In dubai - suadia not allowed but in other conttrey it's allowed I'm from palstine I have car but in islam ther's no thing say women's can't drive " not allowed" all islam state allowed women to drive but in saudi not allowed ther's no freedom for girls because the king say that not the islam allah say : learn your children how to ride a hourse... " islam is a beautful world

Aug 30, 2012, 06:00 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee;3254024]I don't understand why so many people post questions on AMHD about Islam. If you look through the thread I think you will see exactly what I mean. Much of the confusion is about sex, what is allowed and what is not. It appears that their only source of information is AMHD - ?

It seems that a lot of people either don't understand "their" religion or it is very complicated.

One of our members - Jenniepepsi - has actually studied and answers the questions well and clearly. She's my "go to" when I want/need information.

Why do so many people appear to have so little knowledge about a religion they practice?[/QU
    Muslims can not have sex (oral or intercourse sex or dating) before marriage. It is strictly forbidden in Islam to have sex with any woman without marriage or even to do actions that encourage to approach unlawful sex.

Quran says (with meaning translation):".... and come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is fahishah (fahishah means great sin or anything that transgresses its limits) and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allah (God) forgives him". (Quran, chapter 17, Verse 32)

Pre marital sex among Muslims are not allowed for both men and women according to Quran.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shada95 View Post
    Quran says (with meaning translation):".... and come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is fahishah (fahishah means great sin or anything that transgresses its limits) and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allah (God) forgives him". (Quran, chapter 17, Verse 32)

Pre marital sex among Muslims are not allowed for both men and women according to Quran.

I understand, but that's not my question.

My question is why so many people ask questions about Islam in general, sex and Islam in particular.

You will see questions on other boards very occasionally about what is "allowed." The more common threads are discussions about "what do you think."

Here are some questions which would appear to be basic but are asked: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...s-696722.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/sex-693736.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...ip-509345.html

I don't understand why so many Muslims are on AMHD asking questions about the religion that they practice. Is there little religious education? Is it a very complicated religion, difficult to understand?

Aug 30, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I understand, but that's not my question.

My question is why so many people ask questions about Islam in general, sex and Islam in particular.

You will see questions on other boards very occasionally about what is "allowed." The more common threads are discussions about "what do you think."

Here are some questions which would appear to be basic but are asked: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...s-696722.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/sex-693736.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...ip-509345.html

I don't understand why so many Muslims are on AMHD asking questions about the religion that they practice. Is there little religious education? Is it a very complicated religion, difficult to understand?
    Islam not difficult to understand but those people is far a way from what really islam mean if you reading qyran you will see how simple they to understand some muslims people ddn't live in islam contrey because of this he didn't know what is islam always asking..

Aug 30, 2012, 10:59 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee;3254060]I understand, but that's not my question.

Here are some questions which would appear to be basic but are asked: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...s-696722.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/sex-693736.html; [url]https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/husband-
    Why
    The Quo'ran is not just a history book but a book of life rules it tells us the way in which Allah (pbuh) wants people to live their lives in harmony with each other having love for their fellow man. It tells us to show Mercy to those who have wronged us as he has shown mercy to us, To look after our families when they can no longer support themselves. We are advised against drinking and fornication not because Allah (pbuh) wants us to have no fun but because as he created us and knows all about us he knows the damage alcohol can do to the body and mind and the disease that can come from sleeping around. Any sin we have committed through our life will be weighed against the good we have done, Allah (pbuh) is a most merciful and giving God, He will forgive all that we have done in life if we repent from the heart and mean the sorry we say.Everyone will make mistakes in life but they must learn by them and try not to make the same mistake again. If you thought about the word GOD broke down the letters what would it stand for? Well I think it stands for this!

Good
    Old
    Dad
    Because he is the daddy of us all.
    I hope this helps you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask questions about islam online [ 1 Answers ]

As salamualaikum my brother is 27 years old and he wants to get away from family after marriage he says according to islam he cannot stay with his family is this true. Please respond me about this as soon as u can thank u allah hafiz.

I would like to ask questions about islam who can I ask online [ 1 Answers ]

Aslamwaleykum brothers and sisters I would to ask that if I wanted to ask Allah for a need how would I ask for it and when is the best time. And how do I praise after the ninety nine names of Allah the merciful.

How to ask questions from islam [ 1 Answers ]

Assalam u alaikum brother.I wanted to confirm if we muslims give sadaka(slaughter goat) are we allowed to eat the meat or just give it out to the poor.

Questions about islam [ 9 Answers ]

I am a Muslim, and I have always struggled with these question. Why has God created this world.God has no need for this world to exists? Why are we here.Are we in some kind of a reality show where people who find the right religion end up in heaven. 2) Why has God made it so hard to find the...

View more questions Search