Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CocytusStyx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Just had an ETG
    Hey, question for Doc Bill.

On July 7th (Sat), I had a large 4th of July drinking session at a block party from around 1pm till midnight.

I had my first beer around 1:30pm and drank about 6 or 7 (12oz Budwiser) fairly slowly thruout the afternoon until 9pm. At 9pm, I stopped drinking beers and had 3 80 proof shots, and finished with an additional beer at approx 11pm. All told, I had either 10 or 11 drinks that night. (Sorry I cannot be more specific. I lost count).

I just had an ETG test two hours ago, at 1pm. This puts me at 110 hours since my last drink. But I know BAC is important, so... I'm not really sure WHEN my BAC would have been zero, given that I started drinking slowly and then kicked it up later in the evening.

So, lets say my BAC was back down to zero at 4am. That is 105 hours before I had my ETG test.

What I wish to know is, what are my chances of passing? I hear people saying that ETG is detectable up to 120 hours, but the reports online are conflicting.

Personal info: I'm a healthy 30yo male, who is VERY skinny (115 pounds, and have been skinny all my life), and I smoke cigs and drink coffee like crazy. So.. I'm sure my metabolism is out-of-control fast.

Are things looking good, or am I on the cusp of failure?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Just use the time from last drink, about 110 hours. That places you well beyond detection regardless of BAC.

There is no evidence of EtG ever being detected at 120 hours. It is very unlikely at 80 hours.

Wojcik & Hawthorne Sensitivity of commercial ethyl glucuronide (ETG) testing in screening for alcohol abstinence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG [ 6 Answers ]

What are the percentages to pass a etc test 62 hours after bac is 0. I am male 36, 145 pounds. 100 cut off test.

EtG [ 2 Answers ]

Dr. Brill - I drank a pint of vodka through the day on Satruday and stopped at around midnight. I am a 32 year old male - I weigh 155lbs and I am 5'8. I need to take an EtG test today at 1:30pm - what are my chances?

EtG help [ 1 Answers ]

I had a 24 oz beer from Sunday night at 830 ended at 1030, I have a random EtG test 44 hours after consumption what are my chances of passing I am a 33 yr old female

View more questions Search