Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fitcarib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Script error using Internet Explorer.
    I keep getting this error on my computer: a script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?” Really anoying when using Facebook. How do I get rid of this error from popping up?
    Dell_Makarand_P Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 07:04 PM
    Hi Fitcarib,

I am Makarand P from the Dell Social Media and Communities team.

With regards to your issue, the script error is only for website developers or analytics. To stop getting these messages, click on tools and then on internet options. Click on the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes. Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.
    Also clear out temporary internet files and cookies which you would be able to under the General tab. Also update the JAVA on the computer. Please visit java.com: Java + You to check for the latest version of JAVA. Also IE 8 is the most stable version of IE.

Kindly revert for further clarifications,

Thanks and regards,
    Dell_Makarand_P
    Dell Social Media and Communities Responder.
    Dell | Facebook
    Twitter
    @DellCares - YouTube
    Fitcarib Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 03:09 AM
    Hello Dell_Makarand_P,

Thanks for the information. Great help for my situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to access a web based application that is for our company. When I log in on a persons PC I can get wherever. But when I go to this one PC I get an error: Internet Explorer Script error Line: 375 Char: 34 Error object required Code: 0 Do you want to contimue running scripts on...

Internet explorer script error [ 7 Answers ]

I have the following error which prevents me from printing an e-mail or webpage: "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 14 Char: 1 Error: Library not registered Code: 0 URL: res:/ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a tough time printing from websites. I just purchased a Hewlett Packard laptop and it has got Windows Vista (I don't know if that really matters), but in any case, I keep getting the following error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1854 Char: 1 Error: ...

Internet Explorer Script Error [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I get this error every time I move through the internet. It says "Library Not Registered". Thank you Patty

View more questions Search