Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wyperry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Should I contact the hiring manager after an interview?
    Should I contact the hiring manager after an interview? I know she is a very busy person and the position I interviewed for has not been filled. However, I have not heard anything in reference to the position. After the interview, I followed up with a "thank you" email. I don't won't to send countless emails and begin to annoy her, but I would like to know if I am still being considered for the position.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Depends on what they said with respect to how soon the you expect to make a decision. I typically tell applicants I interview that I hope to reach a decision within two weeks, and feel free to contact me if you haven't heard back. In your case if there was no mention of how soon they expect to reach a decision I would call the hiring manager after about two weeks to see what the status is. Use the phone as opposed to email.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I contact the Hiring Manager? When? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like some opinions from people who have a lot of experience with this kind of situation. If you are in HR, or in charge of hiring, even better. I spoke with an internal recruiter last week. They were given my resume from somebody within the company. SO the recruiter contacted me to...

Waiting for an answer from the Hiring Manager. [ 2 Answers ]

I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager of a San Diego based company. Then, had an email from their HR giving me a date for an on-site interview complete with the schedule of all my interviews for that day. I requested a different day IF possible, they said it's OK and gave a verbal...

Cannot generate reports for Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager [ 4 Answers ]

I use Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager in my small business to track contacts and sales opportunities. Unfortunately I cannot get it to produce business reports - I keep getting the message : "The report could not be generated. Please try again" I have not found anything meaningful on...

View more questions Search