Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flamegoblin0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 04:33 AM
    I twisted my ankle, should I see the doctor?
    I had prom last night and whilst dancing I triped over and hurt my ankle. Because of the sound of the music, I didn't really hear anything so I couldn't determine a tear or a cracking noise. I felt a sudden rush of pain at the moment of time but just got back up and continued to dance, I was a bit to hurt to be jumping around again but still managed to jump around and walk fairly normally but had to limp a bit.
    When I got home, my ankle was hurting even more, the pain gradually became to get worse and I checked my ankle to see it massively swollen, about the size of nearly 2 golf balls. I put some germolene cream on as instructed by my dad, rubbed it gently and went to bed. I could still normally walk.
    The next morning I got up and it was hurting a lot more, I have been limping a lot more and the ankle hasn't really reduced in size. I firstly kept my ankle worm by wearing socks and warm slippers then after a while cooled it with a bag of pea`s from the freezer and kept my leg elevated for about 20mins. After this I put my sock back on and slippers and am still now elevating my leg.
    The pain has gotten gradually worse and I have noticed the ankle area being much warmer! I can put a bit of weight but not too much. I would think this is just a sprain but it may not be swallen but a bone sticking out, I do have a good tolerance to pain.
    Any advice?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 04:37 AM
    My best advice is... go get it x rayed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I break my ankle or did I just sprain my ankle? [ 19 Answers ]

At my school we went on a field trip to clean up a giant nature park ( it's an small island) long story short I triped on a rock (super smooth I know) and I heard a little crack or a pop I could really tell but then my ankle got kind of swollen and it hurt to walk so I had to use one of my friends...

Should I see a doctor for a sprained ankle? [ 16 Answers ]

I was at school and my friend pushed me and I tripped over a hole and landed on my left ankle the wrong way I guess. But I got home and my mom saw that it was swollen and she told me to rest it so I did for that day and she said the swelling will be gone tomorrow but it still isn't gone. I don't...

Twisted Penis [ 2 Answers ]

At my 13 yr. old son's physical last week the Dr. said that my son's penis appeared twisted. The Dr. had noticed this at a previous physical, but apparently now my son's penis seems to be more noticeably twisted. What could cause this & should I be worried?

Very twisted, yet peaceful [ 17 Answers ]

OK, I was in an abusive marriage for 5 years. My husband was basically the cycle of abuse to the hilt! During my twisted marriage, I reconnected with one of my friends from high school (a guy). My husband encouraged this relationship and would tell me to call my friend when he did not want to deal...

Twisted Ex [ 6 Answers ]

Can my soon to be ex husband have me ordered to take a drug test during our divorce? He is trying to make me out to be a bad mom so he can get custody of our son so he is trying every thing possible to do it. (I am not a drug user by the way) He is also going to try and have me ordered to have a...

View more questions Search