Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grand2012Tra Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Document return of property
    I will giving personal papers and property back to a family member who entrusted them with me and now wants them back. I want to write a paper listing the items. I also want this paper to state properly that this person can't falsely accuse me now or later for not giving everything back. I want them to sign this letter in front of a witness. What is the correct wording for something like this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Hello G:

It can be really simple, like "on this date, I have returned all of ____ property in my possession", and have him and the witness sign it.. You really don't need a witness, though. His signature is legally sufficient.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parent won't return property to a child? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter who is 17, lived with her father in Wisconsin for three years, but in the summer whilst visiting me in England, decided to return to live with me to complete her last year of school. I have legal sole custody. Her father will not return any of her property that she left behind,...

Failure to return personal property [ 2 Answers ]

I am the claimant in a small claims suit in NYC small claims court. I am looking to recuperate a DVD video from a trip I took last summer to Africa. Am I eligible for damages of sentimental value in additional to the actual cost for the purchase of the disposable DVD camera and developing costs? I...

Depreciation of Rental Property in CA Tax Return [ 1 Answers ]

I am using TurboTax Online to prepare my taxes and I live in California. I own a share in a rental property overseas. I entered depreciation in my federal return, but now I'm doing the California return, and it's saying that I can't use the same method of depreciation for the property. I...

Failure to return rental property [ 2 Answers ]

About a year ago I lived in a different town than I do now. I had rented some books from the library. Well I moved to where I am now and just today they sent me a summons to come to court for failure to return rental property. I don't really understand about this. Its not like I stole them I just...

Failure to return rental property [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was on a Sleep Apnea machine in 2005. He has insurance with BC-BS and I had insurance with Cigna. After doing a sleep test the doctor decided that the machine was necessary for him. We paid a five hundred deductible to his insurance company before they brought the machine to our house....

View more questions Search