Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    main event Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2004, 06:25 PM
    64MB or 128MB
    I've been told that 128MB is much better then 64MB because you can download more songs.

I researched on Google about this and it turns out that a 64MB MP3 player can store as much songs as a 128MB MP3 player.

Which one is better? :confused:
    Draven Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2005, 10:23 PM
    128 MB has more space.
    Wmatthies Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 05:31 PM
    Draven is right about the size (you can store more on 128 than you can on 64), all things being equal, which may not be the case for what you’ve been looking at. I can’t imagine what you’ve seen that says the amount you can store on a 64 player will be equal to a 128 version unless one is using a higher compression than the other. In addition to storage capacity there is the issue of what compression setting you use (the higher the compression the more songs you can store at what is arguably a lower audio quality level.)

What you need depends upon how much music you intend to store, how sensitive you are to audio quality and, of course, how much you can spend. Money is always an object but to the extent you can, buy more storage and import your music at one of the higher quality levels. Remember, you get what you don’t pay for.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 4, 2005, 09:11 AM
    64MB or 128MB
    Quote Originally Posted by main event
    I've been told that 128MB is much better then 64MB because you can download more songs.

I researched on google about this and it turns out that a 64MB MP3 player can store as much songs as a 128MB MP3 player.

Which one is better? :confused:

Compression is a funny old thing.It's quality over quantity.Take Thomson's MP3 format for instance.With a device that has 64MB memory you get 15 songs,about 30 minutes worth.At 128MB memory,you get 30 songs,about 1hrs worth.

With Microsoft's WMA format,64MB memory will give you 30 songs and 1hr of air play.128MB memory will give you 60 songs and 2hrs air play.

So according to those maths,WMA gives you twice as much as MP3.I bet Bill's sipping the champagne as we speak! :D

(Source:Walmart.com)

All the best,
    Nez.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Feb 5, 2005, 10:23 AM
    As resident Microsoft-hater, I'm going to have to introduce the competition. :)
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Feb 5, 2005, 11:24 AM
    Brilliant.I was going to say Monkey Audio to your reply,but Ogg Vorbis will do just fine!! :D

Nez.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About how much songs does 128MB hold? [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering how many min./hours do mp3s hold

View more questions Search