Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jameslaw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Cost basis question
    Hello

I have a question about stock that was transferred to me by my grandmother just before she passed away. I know that the cost basis will be what ever she paid for the stock originally but the problem is I don't know that information. This happened about a week ago. Do I get a receipt of the transfer from her discount broker and more over will it have the original cost basis on it. Thank you very much. One thing of note it shows the transfer date on my account but @ $0 I am really confused this could be real bad come tax time. Cheers
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Please don't double post questions. Asked and answered here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/taxes/...ty-323960.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost basis question [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a question about stock that was transferred to me by my grandmother just before she passed away. I know that the cost basis will be what ever she paid for the stock originally but the problem is I don't know that information. This happened about a week ago. Do I get a receipt of the...

Lower cost of or market basis [ 0 Answers ]

The question I cannot get at all is : ITEM Quantity on hand unit cost when acquired Market cost at year end A 50 $20 $19 B 100 45 ...

Cost basis for inherited house [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, sister and I quick claimed my elderly fathers home back 10 years ago. When he passes away what are the tax implications for us. We did not have the house apprised back then.

Cost basis for inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

My sister & I inherited real estate from our mother. Subsequently, she sold me her portion. I sold the property last year and am not sure what to use as the basis. Do I use the appraised value as of the date I sold or the amount I paid for her portion? For example, the property was worth...

View more questions Search