Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dangerzone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Where in Fletcher, NC can I go to get my child tested for grade skipping
    My Child is going into 8th grade and she feels like she is doing the same work every year. She wants to go to Fletcher Academy, but can't get accepted unless she has proof she is able to comprehend what they are teaching. I have no clue how to get her tested or where, but I really need to get her tested soon.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Ask Fletcher Academy who does their testing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Seems like the best way to do this is to call Fletcher Academy and explain your situation:

P.O. Box 5440 | 185 Fletcher Academy Drive | Fletcher, NC 28732
    Phone: (828) 209-6800 | Fax: (828)209-6809
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
    You are asking two separate questions, one was how to get her tested to allow her to skip a grade,

The other question was how to get into this academy ( I shall assume a private school of some type)

For the academy, most have their own entrance exams and/or will look at current grades in the current classes they are taking.

For skipping a grade, again each school will have their procedure ( or no procedure and will not do it) Normally they use grades from current year and test using the End of the Year Test, ( which ever is used there, like the CRCT or the CAT testing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I go to have my child tested for grade skipping? [ 10 Answers ]

Well,. I have an 13 year old daughter,and she feels that she is doing the same work very year,she is in the 8th grade,I wouldn't say she's an A honor roll student but she does make good grade.The question is where in Albany can I have my child tested to skip the 8th grade,and go on to bigger an...

Skipping a grade [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I just finished seventh grade. I was hoping there was a way that I could take the LEAP test during the first two nine weeks and the rest or the school year the last nine weeks in high school

Who do I go to in the state of Washington for Grade Skipping? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is 11 and in the 7th grade in the state of Washington. Aposing her classmates she has talents beyond the expected, with much talents in creative activities, leading and other reasons that would leave me to think she needs to bump a grade. We've discussed it and brought out the inner...

How can I get my child tested so that he is put in his correct grade? [ 2 Answers ]

My son failed 1st grade twice. He was later diagnosed with ADHD. Since then he has been on medication and is now an honor roll student. Next year he's going to the 6th grade but I would like to have him tested for the 7th grade. He is currently doing sixth grade work at home (online). I live in...

Skipping 8th grade [ 3 Answers ]

When I was in the 6th grade, at the end of the year my teachers and parents decided that I should repeat the grade. However, being in 7th grade has not proven to be a challenge and I decide I would try and get into high school for the next year, but I have no idea what to do!

View more questions Search