Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sHogan24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
    I need info on a R. Dakin teddy bear I have... help anyone?
    My dad had for a long time Butterbear and the book the New Bear in the Woods, I know it was for the promotion of the Va. National Bank, and when I was little we found Cocobear at an auction and then soon found a white bear with a red hat. My grandmother told it was with the bank promotion but I can not find any info on this one bear. The bear is white with a red Santa Claus-like hat, it is made in the same fashion as the other two but the tag is dated for 1976 (same as Butterbear). I am just curious to see if there is any information on the bear, does it have a book? Is it part of a collection?
    jy8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 03:46 PM
    I don't know about a white bear with a red hat, but back I the late 70s and early 80s, cocobear- and butterbear-style bears were one of Dakin's top sellers. They could be found all over the country, not just as a promotion from Va Natl Bank.

P.S. Do you have a picture of the white bear with red hat?
    DakinExpert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 02:53 PM
    There are bears that look identical to ButterBear and CocoBear made by Dakin in 1976. These bears were not made for a bank. There was Bearfoot (tan), Blackfoot (black), and Snowfoot (white).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teddy bear [ 1 Answers ]

Rabbit feet, has butterflies and abc blocks on his jumper, presented in a balloon. Made in the 90's

Robot teddy bear [ 0 Answers ]

It is a movie that is quite old I think 20 years old its has a robot teddy bear and also a robot dog, I think it has rick moranis in it but not to sure, the robot bear takes control on some a police radio and also try to kill the family. It's a family movie by the way if anyone can help me find...

Old Kuddle teddy bear [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old teddy bear by a compeny named Kuddle,Kuddle toy inc. middlesex,N.J. 08846 made in japan, HE also is fullyjointed with a regestertion #18,I need to know what he is worth and more about him. Yhank u:confused:

Looking for Two Teddy Bear Molds [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for two molds and I think they are made by Gare, it is two teddy bears, one is a male teddy bear with a top hat and a vest on and the female bear has a hat with feathers and a dress, they look like they are a couple and probably wedding outfits, they are teddy bear bank molds. If...

Teddy bear or grizly bear [ 6 Answers ]

OK as many have read my prevous threads know somewhat about me so for the rest here it is I am a 13 male I weigh 230 lbs and I am 6'2. Lately I have been in the citry and noticing people are afraid of me, I walk up to pretty,cute nice girls around my age and tlak to them and they think imlike...

View more questions Search