Jul 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Rotary Phone
    It dials out OK but does not ring when called. What do I do
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegan2 View Post
    It dials out ok but does not ring when called. What do I do
    Make sure nobody turned off the ringer... usually a big knob that controls ringer volume if it old enough

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram for rotary phone [ 8 Answers ]

My 9 year old found an old bell model 554 rotary phone in my shop and insists I hook it up. Will it still work with the new phone lines we now have? What wires do I hook where from my house jack to make it work. Thanks, Richard

Rotary phone [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a new home, however my old rotary wall phone will not connect to the plate on the wall. The tabs are way too close on the plate. Does anyone know if they still make one that will fit this kind of phone?

Wiring an old rotary phone [ 4 Answers ]

I have old phones. I want to rewire them so I can plug them into my current jacks. Anyone know how and where I attaché the 4 wires that are in the new line?

Can DSL operate on a line with a Rotary Phone [ 5 Answers ]

In my newly purchased home, there is a functioning Rotary wall phone. When my DSL service was transferred to the new location, the DSL line does not work. The phone company said that the DSL service would not operate with a "powered phone". When I disconnect the Rotary phone, I lose dial tone at...

View more questions Search