Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelmiley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Child's rights
    At what age can a child decide to live with the noncustodial parent in Indiana
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2012, 09:50 AM
    18, when the child becomes an adult.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
    A "child" can never decide. Until one is 18 (and no longer a child) they cannot make the decision. Only a court can decide custody. As a child gets older their preference may be given more an more weight byy the court and some states have specific guidelines on the amount of weight.

This means that, if the NCP wishes to change custody they have to petition the court for a change. The court will then review the facts and make a decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is my child's father.. [ 1 Answers ]

Me and a old friend had sex around or even before the date of December 15th. He came in me. But I had my normal cycle, heavy bleeding, and cramping(as usual) my period was right on time also. I ended my period on December 26th, but not sure when I started. After all this happened, me and my...

Changing child's last name without permission [ 0 Answers ]

My son lives with his dad in Minnesota. I still have my parental rights. Can he change my sons name without asking me?

Childs' Support [ 1 Answers ]

How would you find out if someone filed child's support on you. Because I received a letter saying I committed medicaid fraud from the attorney general. Does that mean they put child's support on me. And is their a website I can go to to see if there is a order there.

View more questions Search