Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 10, 2012, 08:38 AM
    What do I need to know to calculate torque through a gearbox?
    My gearbox is driven at 3000rpm from a .37kW electric motor.

I require approximately 3 rpm at the output shaft. So a ratio of 1000:1.

However what do I need to know to calculate the maximum output torque?

Cheers

Colin

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate torque? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to rotate a 500 kg mass supported by a hollow shaft at 10 rps, what is the required amount of torque?

Calculate the torque of/ forces on a box? [ 8 Answers ]

2 men are carrying a 200 kg box; one at each end. They are on stairs which are at a 45 degree angle with the ground. The box they are carrying is also at a 45 degree angle, so the stairs and ground are parallel. The lengths of the box are 1.23 m and .5 m, and both men exert a vertical force on the...

How to calculate torque for shaft? [ 0 Answers ]

How to calculate torque or formula? For Mixer / Agitator. Type of tank Rectangular & Cylindrical. Rectangular Tank Dimension : L x B x H : 4 mtrs x 2 mtrs x 2mtrs - Water level 1.65 meters, shaft length : 2.2 meters. RPM Required : 30. Motor : 3PH, RPM : 1440 Cylindrical Tank Dimension : Dia x...

How do I calculate the torque required to rotate a shaft with mass 10K rpm? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate the minimum torque to rotate a .925lb, 0.625' diameter shaft with a .925lb 2.19' hub 10K rpm within 3 seconds? I am trying to spec out an electric motor that I can couple up to the shaft supported by two ball bearings to spin test the hub on. T=IxA "I" inertia for a solid...

How to calculate the required torque to rotate the shaft? [ 2 Answers ]

HI to all I need the formula to calculate the required torque to rotate the shaft.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.