Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_ginge23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
    I'm in love with my boss
    I'm in love with my boss, he's twice my age, he's also married with kids,
    I can't help the way I feel about him, he pushes every right button, I melt when I look into his eyes, then there's the but.. I know it can't happen but how the hell do you switch the feelings off? It doesn't help that I'm a heavy drinker, I see him or hear from him, I'm a mess aftawards, I turn to drink to forget but that only makes it worse for me?! Can anyone help with some sound advice?
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
    First of all, you need to come back to reality. It isn't hard to just sit down and know that it can never happen. If you can't accept the fact it will never be and move on, then it's your own fault.

Don't blame your problems on alcohol. Unless you're extremely stupid, you should know that alcohol is just another problem on top of them all.

Work on knowing the difference between fantasy and reality, then work on that drinking problem.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Jul 9, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Theirs so many people out their for you don't tie yourself up on 1 person that has a family. Think about the kids and how this would affect their lives if word got out. The fact that you say it can't happen because his family shows me you're a good person that shouldn't have a problem connecting with someone else to clear your mind. Goodluck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Time to change jobs and think about staying sober, getting drunk is never the answer.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2012, 02:49 AM
    Get help sorting out your drink problem-AA and therapy.
    Once you're back on track I think you'll find this ''crush'' will have lost its attraction.
    semiramis78 Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2012, 10:19 AM
    If you can't control your feelings, change your boss, I mean change your job!
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2012, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by semiramis78 View Post
    If you can't control your feelings, change your boss, i mean change your job!
    Changing your job in today's economy isn't as easy as it may seem. It's much easier to accept the things you cannot change.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by C0bra_M3nace View Post
    Changing your job in todays economy isn't as easy as it may seem. It's much easier to accept the things you cannot change.
    I don't think that old chestnut 'accept the things you cannot change' is apropos here, my dear CObra. Sometimes you have to take your licks and get out. Especially as an alcoholic has no will of their own (I know I am married to one) no gumption to initiate and know when to make a quick exit.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I don't think that old chestnut 'accept the things you cannot change' is apropos here, my dear CObra. Sometimes you have to take your licks and get out. Especially as an alcoholic has no will of their own (I know I am married to one) no gumption to initiate and know when to make a quick exit.
    Oh I know, I never said qutting was never an option. It is easier sometimes to accept. I hear where you are coming from though I know many alcoholics as well.

Jul 10, 2012, 10:48 AM
    It is easy to accept, only easy to say, when you are not involved in it yourself...
    There is another way, get a holiday for 1-2 months and try to meet others and try to forget him.
    Things will be better when you will be back (based on my own experience! ;) )
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
    it is easy to accept, only easy to say, when you are not involved in it yourself...
    there is another way, get a holiday for 1-2 months and try to meet others and try to forget him.
    things will be better when you will be back (based on my own experience! ;) )
    You tell me that as if I haven't experienced it in my life. I have, many times and survived without turning to alcohol.

It sure is easier said than done, but it's only as hard as you make it.

Jul 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by C0bra_M3nace View Post
    You tell me that as if I havn't experienced it in my life. I have, many times and survived without turning to alcohol.

It sure is easier said than done, but it's only as hard as you make it.
    Do you have experience to be in love with your boss? And then you have to see him everyday and respect him..! What I mean is "out of sight out of mind".
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2012, 12:06 PM
    do you have experience to be in love with your boss? and then you have to see him everyday and respect him ...!? what I mean is "out of sight out of mind".
    I only half agree, in essence 'out of sight out of mind' will work for most people, but not when she starts drinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help--in love with my boss [ 17 Answers ]

So how do I start well, I'm 20 years old was 18 when it all started. I moved shop and me and the manger got on really well he was 40 then 42 now I already know this will make you think oh gosh what happened next well we started texting and was always messing about at work I was with someone and...

What can I do if I am in love with my boss? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm love with my boss. I know it is not right. He is very attracted to me, he gets nervous when he is around me, however he treats me unfairly at work and he doesn't give me the opportunities that he does with other colleagues. Knowing that the situation does not get anywhere, I've tried to leave...

In love with the boss [ 7 Answers ]

I have really fallen in love with the wrong person. The worst part is I believe they feel the same way. Yes, this person is my boss, and 20 years older than me. We have a lot in common, and both of us go out of our ways to spend time together. My boss left their marriage 12 months ago, and...

In love with boss - what to do [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with my boss. He's all I think about. The problem is he's in a relationship and our employment situation is such that it would be frowned upon ethically if we started seeing one another as I am apprentice and he is my sponsor (professionally speaking). His relationship is kind of on...

I think I'm in love with my boss [ 7 Answers ]

OK I'm a marrieds women who's in love with her married boss he's a lot older than me and we have made outa few times when we do make out we sneak into his oofice... see I rally like him a lot but I'm not sure how he feels about me f he likes me to or f he using mefor a fling... one day when were...

View more questions Search