Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Char_Beyy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Should I go on holiday with family or stay with boyfriend?
    I know this my seem like a dumb question and the obvious answer is "go on holiday with family" but I have made plans and arrangements with my boyfriend and promised we would spend the summer together. But I really want to go on holiday and I know I'm going to miss the family fun. But I don't want to let my boyfriend down and break another promise. Help?

I'm 18 by the way.

I spoke to my boyfriend and he said, its fine as long as I'm happy but to sleep on it first just in case. So that's what I'm going to do, now the more I think about the more I don't want to let him down.

The only reason this came up was because I heard my family talking about the holiday plans and it got me down.. and before that I was completely fine with staying with him.

My parents let us have the house to ourselves, had done a food order for us and they were trying to think of fun ideas for me and the boyfriend to do together. Also my family are arranging a girly holiday with my cousin and auntie later on in the summer for me to go on with them.

Also my boyfriend won't go with me, he doesn't like travelling, and I understand and respect his opinion.
    Something else he needs to be close to his mum just in case something happens
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 03:28 PM
    So where is your family going on vacation? And who is in your family? Only mom and dad?
    wop48 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2012, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Char_Beyy View Post
    I know this my seem like a dumb question and the obvious answer is "go on holiday with family" but I have made plans and arrangements with my boyfriend and promised we would spend the summer together. but I really want to go on holiday and I know im going to miss the family fun. but I dont want to let my boyfriend down and break another promise. help??

im 18 by the way.

i spoke to my boyfriend and he said, its fine as long as im happy but to sleep on it first just in case. so that's what im going to do, now the more I think about the more I don't want to let him down.

The only reason this came up was because I heard my family talking about the holiday plans and it got me down.. and before that I was completely fine with staying with him.

my parents let us have the house to our selves, had done a food order for us and they were trying to think of fun ideas for me and the boyfriend to do together. Also my family are arranging a girly holiday with my cousin and auntie later on in the summer for me to go on with them.

Also my boyfriend wont go with me, he doesn't like travelling, and I understand and respect his opinion.
    Something else he needs to be close to his mum just in case something happens
    That is a very good question. You know what, life goes by way too fast and you may not think that right now but it does happen in a blink of an eye. Spend time with your family while you can, make memories and enjoy every moment. I would would give anything to spend even one more day with my father who passed two years ago.( I still have memories)

Jul 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So where is your family going on vacation? And who is in your family? only mom and dad?
    They are going to France and it is my mum, dad and two sisters. All my family think I should stay at home, to get independence and see if my boyfriend lives up to the things we said we would do together. Also my family have prepared to more little holidays for me to go with them.

Jul 10, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wop48 View Post
    That is a very good question. You know what, life goes by way too fast and you may not think that right now but it does happen in a blink of an eye. Spend time with your family while you can, make memories and enjoy every moment. I would would give anything to spend even one more day with my father who passed two years ago.( I still have memories)
    All my family think I should stay at home, to get independence and see if my boyfriend lives up to the things we said we would do together. Also my family have prepared to more little holidays for me to go with them.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
    In the end, the decision is yours. Every decision has a consequence or a reward, sometimes it takes a while to decide what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stay away from my family! [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know what I should do about the following situation: My husband and I are divorced... the divorce was not amicable and that's all I have to say about that really, but the problem I am having is with his family and my family. I do not have any contact with his family and he has no...

Is it inappropriate to invite your friends to holiday family functions? [ 1 Answers ]

Am I out of line for being miffed that for the third year in a row, my sister includes her friends in our family gatherings? What started as a one time invitation to her friend to attend Thanksgiving with us because her husband had to be out of town, has now turned into "tradition" where this...

Confused! Ex Boyfriend wants to go on Holiday with me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, HELPPP me please!! I am so confused, I just do not understand my ex boyfriend crazy mind! We were together for 4 years, he broke up with me earlier this year because he said he 'did not love me', in other words he never tried to love me, was not romantic or anything. I gave this...

What holiday should my family go on? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My family and I are looking for a holiday to go on around the budget of $10,000. We are looking for skiing or culture experiences. We are a family of 4 with two adults and two kids aged 11 and 14, beginner skiiers. We are looking at Japan (cheap holiday), Interstate of Australia and mabye...

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

View more questions Search