Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cari1966 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 11:04 AM
    find the probabilty events
    Let s={1,6,11,16,21,26}, E={6,16,26}, and G={21,26} Find the event E F AND G. Upside down u in between each letter. If there are no elements in the set, enter NONE
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 11:08 AM
    The Upside down u" is the "and" symbol , so you are looking for any elements that are contained in all three sets - are there any? And though you called the first set "s" I think you meant "F," correct?
    cari1966 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Teh
    Upside down u" is the "and" symbol , so you are looking for any elements that are contained in all three sets - are there any? And though you called the first set "s" I think you meant "F," correct?
    I left out the f={1,11,21}. So would the answer be 21,26 or does it mean included in all E,F,G which would be none,because there is none that are in each one?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 10, 2012, 07:35 AM
    if F={1,11,21} then it has no common elements with E={6,16,26}. So the intesection of is the null set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probabilty [ 1 Answers ]

The time (in hours) to repair the Slurpee Machine at 7-Eleven is an exponentially distributed random variable with expected value 2 hours. What is the conditional probability that a repair takes at least 10 hours given that the repair has already taken 8 hours?

Probabilty [ 2 Answers ]

Probabilty math [ 1 Answers ]

Find the probability that among r people, there will be at least one whose birthday is the same as yours ( you may assume no one is born on a leap day, including yourself.

How to use probabilty [ 4 Answers ]

Sam rolls 3 dice one at a time and places them in a row. How many outcomes in which all three dice have different numbers are possible?

View more questions Search