Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biteme3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 09:37 AM
    Hair drug screen questions
    I am a balding male age 56 and going to be subject to a hair folicle test for pre employment.my question is , I am a everyday recreational user of marijuana usually no more than 1/2 a joint if I abstain for 30 days or more and my hair and beard are no more than 1/2 to 1 inch at the longest should I have good chance at passing?thanks for you response!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 04:34 PM
    It must be assumed that THC and metabolites have been incorporated into your body hair regardless of region of sampling concerned. While your daily use is de minimis THC is cumulative and frequency of use is the predominant factor.

I imagine that regardless of the collection site chosen there is a pronounced possibility of detection but that is relative to THC-COOH detection in general.

1/2" of hair is testable. Simply requires a wider sample area. While most often stated as a metric of length HDT is actually a measurement of density/weight.

Nonetheless, should the collection tech consider the collection of head hair inadvisable they simply turn to an alternative collection area.

If so and given the nature of THC absorption your beard (very seldom used) would register very high, axillary (underarm) hair lower than head hair, pubic hair (very seldom used) higher, chest hair about the same. (2) I have also encountered cases where leg or arm hair was used although there is no scientific foundation for interpreting the results of same.

Cannabis smokers always have a good chance of passing a HDT. Daily users are detected at the rate of only about 60%. (1) HDT is not an effective method for detection of cannabis use. (3)

Huestis, M, NIH Cannabinoid Concentrations in Hair from Documented Cannabis Users

Han, et al (2011) A comparative study on the concentrations of 11-nor-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid (THCCOOH) in head and pubic hair A comparative study on the concentrations o... [Forensic Sci Int. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Huestis, p. 682, Sec. 5.5 in Cannabinoids, Abood, ed. Library of Congress #2004109756 (published in Germany)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can cause a negative result on a drug screen when someone has taken the drug? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently had negative results on a drug screen that I know the person has taken the drug. How can that be?

Drug screen [ 3 Answers ]

Is it a hipaa violation for a Chief to disclose drug screen results to coworkers? Or, anyone other than say, direct supervisors.

DISA drug screen not me [ 2 Answers ]

Does DISA require an I.D. or can anyone go in and take a drug screen and say they were Joe Blow and be registered. My question is if Disa accepted a drug screen without proper identification and slandered my name in the work force is there a liability suit against this organization?

Drug screen [ 2 Answers ]

I've taken a codion pill Sunday will it show on a drug screen wed

Drug Screen [ 1 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system and detectable through drug screens?

View more questions Search