Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cari1966 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 09:10 AM
    how to solve the probability of something occurring given that it isn't
    a wallet contains 8 $1 bills, 3 $5 bills and 8 $10 bills. A bill is selected at random from the wallet. Find themprobability of the following

a. the bill is a $1, given that it is smaller than $10
    b. The bill is $5 given that it is not a $1
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cari1966 View Post
    a wallet contains 8 $1 bills, 3 $5 bills and 8 $10 bills. A bill is selected at random from the wallet. Find themprobability of the following

a. the bill is a $1, given that it is smaller than $10
    b. The bill is $5 given that it is not a $1

For (a) - how many $1 bills are there, and how many bills are less than $10? Divide the former by the latter.
    For (b) - use a similar approach. How many bills are $5 out of how many that are not $1?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of 3 out of 4 independent events occurring [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 golfers playing together in a foursome. I know the probability of each making a par or better on a given hole: A-player: 60% B-player: 50% C-player: 40% D-player: 30% What is the probability that any three of these 4 golfers will make par or better on the hole? ...

How to solve this probability? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay - this isn't homework. I took statistics and let's just say although it wasn't pretty, I passed. My boss asked me to solve this probability question back when I was taking stats and I could never figure it out. He wants to know the probability for a bowling raffle he is in every year. ...

How to solve probability [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose you roll two number cubes and pick a letter of the alphabet at random. Find the probability you roll 2 even numbers and pick one pf the vowels a,e,I,o or u. Can anyone help me solve this problem please...

Probability can you tell me how to solve this [ 4 Answers ]

A sample of 4 different calculators is randomly selected from a group containing 15 that are defective and 30 that have no defects. What is the probability that at least one of the calculators is defective?:confused:

Solve the probability [ 1 Answers ]

Hello could any one help me in this?? / the following table shows the distribution of blood types in the general population A B AB O TOTAL Rh+ 34% 9% 4% 38% 85% Rh- 6% 2% 1% 6% 15%

View more questions Search