Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayrwv Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2004, 08:21 PM
    Kodak easyshare
    How may I stop Kodak easyshare from starting at start-up. I have gone to 'msconfig' startup tab and removed the 'x' for Kodak easyshare to begin at startup.
    But when I reboot it comes back. I want to use it when I need it. I do not want it to show in my system tray after startup, routinely.

Thank you for any help you can provide me.
    Jay
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2004, 06:56 AM
    Kodak
    Hi,
    Sounds like Kodak Easyshare doesn't want to go away on startup!
    Going to MSCONFIG was the first thing I would have done, too.
    Now, since that didn't work, the next thing to do is to edit the Registry. But, BE CAREFUL what you delete from the Registry; your computer might not restart.

Here are steps to search in the Registry for whatever is making it start up again.

Go to Start/Run. Type in "regedit" without quotes, then click on OK.
    At the top, Click on "Edit", then "Find".
    In the space Find What: type in what you want to find. (in this case, RUN).
    Then, put a check mark by "Match whole string only". This will keep the search from stopping at every word it finds, like the word "run", etc.
    Then click "Find Next". It will search the registry for the first entry you typed in.
    It will "open" a folder on the left hand side of the screen, showing what is in the folder on the right hand side.
    You will be looking for something like "Kodak easyshare" or "easyshare start", etc.
    If you know that an entry on the right hand side is something you no longer have, or want starting up, then right click on it, then left click "delete", tell it Yes or OK to remove it.
    Then, press F3 on the top of the keypad to continue the search.
    When finished, at the top, click on File, Exit.

Any StartUp programs, that start when the computer boots up will be listed in folders on the left hand side of the screen with names like:
    RUN, RUNSERVICES, RUNONCE, RUN-, etc.
    Click on the next folder down with the name RUN in it, to look at its startups on the right hand side.

Sometimes, startup programs in the Registry are NOT listed under MSCONFIG. It depends on how "tricky" the Kodak program wants to be!
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    jayrwv Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2004, 07:55 AM
    Thank you fredg. What a set of easy instructions to follow. I really do appreciate your help. It helps my daughter as well since she is having the same problem.
    Jay
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2004, 08:08 AM
    Registry Edit
    Hi,
    You are very welcome.
    I hope editing the Registry for Run components will solve the issue.
    Happy New Year,
    fredg
    Natalie_ca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Apparently Kodak Easyshare doesn't want to be prevented from running at startup. I tried the regedit but don't see anything listed for Kodak Easyshare or anything that remotely looks like it.
    Natalie_ca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie_ca
    Apparently Kodak Easyshare doesn't want to be prevented from running at startup. I tried the regedit but don't see anything listed for Kodak Easyshare or anything that remotely looks like it.
    I found a program called "Startup Manager 2.8" which is a free utility that helps you manage your startup files.

Very easy to use. Just download the file and click on it and then look through the tabs. All of the programs that are running at startup, even those that aren't showing up in the running tray will be listed.

I managed to block Kodak as well as Corel from running things upon startup and now my rebooting is much faster.

Startup Manager 2.8

You can't really go wrong with this because it basically is what you would see using Windows 98 when you were still able to easily access the startup menu. I don't understand why future versions of Windows make this task so difficult.
    fadetoal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 10:19 PM
    I simply deleted the program from the startup folder in the all programs list.
    wsjansen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 06:00 AM
    I have tried to download Kodak Easyshare software online. I keep getting hung on bindbins.exe. Is there a way to download this software and bypass this file? I have a kodak camera and a software disc that is not compatible with windows7.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search