Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r916davis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 10:44 PM
    How to become a zoologist
    Ive been out of high school for a couple years and am intersted in becoming a zoologist. I screwed off in high school but since Ive been out I realized I want to pursue my dream of working with reptiles and other exotics for a living. What do I need to do
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 PM
    Do you live near a zoo? If so, become a volunteer, especially in the reptile house, if possible. Go to a local community college and take classes in biology and zoology. Or volunteer or work for an area vet who has reptile clients. Go to your public library and read read read books on reptiles as pets (636) and in the wild (500s).

Here's the Z section of the current Occupational Outlook Handbook (the library has a paper copy to check out).

OOH - Z Index

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to become a zoologist [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , My daughter wants to be a zoologist she is in her final year at school , is there any courses that she can take in college or would it be best for her to stay on at 6th form.:) :)

How do I become a zoologist [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in becoming a zoologist. I graduated high school in 2001 and have not been to college. I am working as an Event Coordinator now. Where do I start?

What do I need to become a zoologist? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi imm in yr 10 and need hrlp I want to be a zoologist but don't know what I need to study or degrees. :confused: Please help Thanks jayde

Is there a Zoologist on here [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about becoming a zoologist and I really want to talk to one to make sure this is something I want to do.

View more questions Search