Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djw13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Recessed stove hood fan lights blow out after 2 days
    Recessed stove hood fan lights blow out after 2 days. 2 times in a row the lights in the hood fan blow out after 1 or 2 days use. These are very expensive halogen bulbs. The hood fan does not have a name or brand on it. The fan continues to work just fine.

Baffled in California
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2012, 05:07 AM
    Need to check the voltage in the sockets, voltage rating of the lamps, and if the hood is rated to handle halogen lamps.

Voltage could be too high, lamps may be rated for lower voltage, the fixture may trap heat, could be cheap lamps, could be vibration, so many conditions may cause this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric stove.. one of my burner blow out. [ 2 Answers ]

I have Kenmore electric stove .with 4 burners. One of the burner blow out and it doesn't work anymore.the rest 3 works properly .Is it easier and cheaper to fix or it's time to buy new appliance. Need help.

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power and 12-2 to lights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power wire source and 12-2 to between the 6 lights and then using 12-2 witing to the single pole switch?--need your help please

Stove hood Electrical connection [ 1 Answers ]

HI: I replaced a microwave with a stove hood. To connect the hood I used a 15V 14 gauge extension with a plug and exposed wires at the other end which I purchased from home depot. The receptacle which was used for the microwave is a 20 Amp with a 20 Amp breaker. Is the 15V extension OK? If not...

Burner lights, but fan won't blow [ 4 Answers ]

Day & Night gas (NG) furnace Carrier 800-19A on stamped ID plate Forced air We just moved in. The furnace has worked just fine several times. We keep the thermostat on the lowest setting, manually cranking it up for those few times that we need heat here in southern California. This...

View more questions Search